Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

can you imagine!

Old 02-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default can you imagine!

i'm not an ol' fella (not yet!)

but i can remember being in high school during hunting season. on days where i'd be going hunting at my cousins place after school (14 years old, i was) with a note from my parents i could bring my 870 in a duffle bag, along with waders, shells and such, leave it in the principals office, and pick it up and ride the bus to his house!

IMAGINE THAT SCENARIO, NOWADAYS!!!

later on when i started driving, my first car was a 1970 mercury marquis convertable. 429 SCJ fast as heck, big as the QE2. there was no room in the back seat, cause there were always a few dozen decoys, waders, etc.. crammed back there. i could leave the top down with my shotgun under the seat and nobody would touch anything...

another time i gypped school, and had the best morning EVER on the river, i mean ducks were just begging me to take 'em. i HAD to bring my limit to the school to show my buddy. well i walked right down the hall to the class he was in( muddy waders and all) and waved for him to come out. he told the teacher he had to take a leak and when he saw how good i did, he hopped right in the car and i took him to the blind for the afternoon flight.
Next day in school, the principal wanted to know where he went to. John told him the truth , and the principal said "days like that don't come by very often. how many did you get?"

it's not like we were in the middle of nowhere population 300, we're in a pretty decent sized town

damn. i miss those days.

-take care,
moose
Old 02-15-2005, 06:37 PM

Default RE: can you imagine!

good stories. Your right that stuff wouldn't fly these days
Old 02-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

My buddy and I used to go out before school. One morning I said I couldn't go as I had major test to study for. When I went out the door that morning there was my buddy with 5 Canada geese on my front yard. He had gone out, limited out, and was back before I had to go to school. That was 35 years ago and it still hurts.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always had a 22 rifle and a 12 gau in the trunk year round at school.
I put the decoys in trunk (78 Impala )

I refinished a 22 rifle in the Ag shop when I had study hall and it was empty.
Me and a teacher sighted in the scope ,inside with the exaust fans runing to cover the sound .
We used a bullet trap that another student made.

Today we both would spend time in jail for that !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:11 PM

20 YEARS AGO I BOUGHT A SHOT GUN WHILR I WAS ON MY LUNCH FROM SCHOOL. CARRIED IT INTO THE PRINCABIL OFFICE AND WAS MET BY 2 COPS . I ALMOST $HIT MYSELF( THEY WHERE THERE FOR A FIGHT)BUT HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THE GUN ONLY WRAPPED IN BROWN PAPER.TOOK IT HOME ON THE BUS THAT AFTERNOON
Old 02-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is sad as to what society has been turning into, and think of how safe it used to be back then also......too bad I missed out on those times.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:02 PM

i took my deer rifle to school all the time during deer season and never had a word said about it and i finished high school in 97

in 99 they had two guy kicked out for good for the same thing i did just 2 years before
Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

in the mid 70's, my 5th grade teacher (a single guy) would bring one of his toys to school each week and do a little show and tell.

scuba equipment
spear gun
rossi .22
muzzle loader
recurve bow
racing bicycle
shotgun
handgun
you get the idea
Old 02-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a 6th grade teacher, and I never had a problem with a kid going hunting with his (or her) dad on opening day.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:24 PM

I got plently of teachers that don't want me going hunting. They always tell me your going to miss so much. Then get back and ask friends what I missed and they say "Not that much, Just some worksheets". Ticks me off. I am starting to think they are anti hunters.

Quick Reply: can you imagine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.