Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Need advice on setting up spin wing decoy ASAP!

Old 11-15-2002, 01:10 PM

Default Need advice on setting up spin wing decoy ASAP!

I went out today and bought my first spinning wing decoy. Two friends and I are planning on going out for our first hunt of the season tomorrow morning. I have 2 dozen regular floating decoys too. How should I set them all up? I was figuring I should set them all up in a big U shape with the empty part in front of the blind so the ducks will come in there. Where should I put the spinning wing decoy? In the middle of the U or to the sie or what? Also, what directionshould it be facing? Towards my blind or out towards the lake? How far from the shore should it be? Thanks for any info! Matt
Old 11-15-2002, 04:28 PM

Default RE: Need advice on setting up spin wing decoy ASAP!

Put your spinners in the hole where you want the ducks to land.We put our dekes on each side of the blind with a hole out in front of the blind,thats where the Windux & duck magnets go.We've had some good success with them.