Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Benelli M1 Field

Old 10-24-2002, 08:17 AM

Default Benelli M1 Field

Anyone out there have or know someone who has a Benelli M1 Field shotgun? I'm looking for a great action, tough , synthetic stocked duck gun. I don't want to spend Super black eagle money and don't need a 3 1/2". I understand that the M1 Field has the same action as the Super black eagle. Any feedback is much appreciated. I posted this here because I want this to gun to be my main duck gun.

Remi700
Old 10-24-2002, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Benelli M1 Field

I have an M1 and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I thought the same thing as you about the SBE and not needing the 3 1/2 inch chamber. You really don't. I've had vey good luck with my M1 and it has jammed on me but only once and I was using low brass shells and it hadn't been cleaned after going on 15 hunting trips and having it basically caked with mud, water, ice, weeds, even a little sand. I cleaned it put it back together and haven't cleaned it again so far. That was about 1 month ago. They're light, fast shooting, very little recoil, great swinging, they pattern excellent, and they very durable. I love it. Alot of guys will say yeah you need a 3 1/2 inch to kill geese. Yeah if your shooting at them when they're 70-80 yards in the air which I personally don't. If you have any doubt about killing a bird don't shoot plain and simple. So far this year with my M1 I've killed 10 geese, and 53 ducks. I can't say enough great things about the performance that my M1 offers and the manufacturer that makes it. Any of your waterfowling needs will be answered with this gun. But this is just my experience with it some other guys or gals may have a different story to tell about them but I can't think of a better autoloading gun for waterfowl.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:02 AM

I recently bought a SBE. Only got to hunt dove with it so far. I only got to hunt 2 days and did not break it in with two boxes of 3" like the store and manufactures book said to. I did have some jamming with the cheap light loads. I shot a couple 3" through it with no problems. Looking forward to duck season. It will definately be broke in then. I wanted the 3 1/2 for turkey. And my mouth started watering when I held it and I got a little carried away. I do not remember what the MI cost but I wanted to buy one shotgun for all my needs and the SBE did it. I'm sure that they are both great guns. Although I am also sure that they are both over priced!
Old 10-27-2002, 10:28 PM

My brother has a SBE and he loves it the M1 has the same action but is a 3". I don't see the need for paying 300 dollars for a 3 1/2" unless you hunt alot of geese. The M1 would be a better duck gun because you don't need 3 1/2" for duck. The Benelli's are recoil operated so they operate by the recoil of the shell so they never jam like a gas. In my opinion the Benelli is superior to ANY semi-auto on the market. You can shoot a benelli thousands of time before cleaning try that with a gas operated gun!!!!!!!

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!