Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

how to edit?

Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 PM

Default how to edit?

Im 15 and just now getting into taping hunts. I video taped my friend killing a turkey with his bow and got some good footage. I just cant figure out how to get in on the computer to edit. we have about 15 minutes of footage. any input would be appreciated
Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how to edit?

Depending on your camera and computer, you should be able to enter footage via a fire wire or USB port. If you are using a Windows based PC, you should have MovieMaker software on your computer. Open that software and do the tutorial. You will be editing on your computer in no time. Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:15 AM

Virginia Mike is dead on.
We use Sony Vegas6 to edit withbut for a beginner the windows moviemaker is a great learning program.We actually started and cut our teeth on moviemaker.Just remember you will get better at it the more times you do it.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:01 PM

thanks for your replies...although I do have access to MovieMaker I am not sure how to get the footage on the computer. I know the camera does not have a place for a usb port and im not sure what a fire wire is. If you could explain what a "fire wire" is i would appreciate it. here is what i know about the camera:
-Canon ES410V
-8 mm video camcorder
-From what I can tell it just has a yellow and white hole to hook up to the tv??
any clarification would be appreciated
Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM

this is a fire wire im not to sure what kind of camera u have but on my sony i use one of these for putting my video on the computer ..on my cam it sayz a/v i believe and thats where u put in that wire and then to a jack on ur computer

Old 10-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Higgy -

The camera you have is an analog camera, not a digital. Basically that means you're not going to have a USB or a Firewire port with which to connect it to your computer. You're correct that all you should have are the two A/V hookups (yellow/white) to connect it to a TV. I don't have a lot of experience with connecting this type of camera to a computer so I really don't have any good advice to give. I believe you can purchase a video capture card for your computer that you can hook A/V into, but again, I don't have any experience with this.

If you have the money you can buy a decent digital video camera for around $300 now that's is very similar to the 8mm analog camera you already have. If you go this route you'll find it much easier to transfer your videos to a computer.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:24 PM

look if u dont want a digital or dont have the money you can buy a cheap box similiar to a router that has those white yellow and red jacks for like 60 to 130 bucks go to bestbuy the brand is called pinnacle.........and if you spend a bit more u can get software for editing also.......
Old 10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Spike

the kidd is right. This is what you need
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1095941349358