Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Tribune to fallen hunters

Old 03-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Tribune to fallen hunters

I was going through some old pictures of my dad and grandpa and found several hunting pictures so i decided to post a tribune to not only the fallen hunters i have known but also to everyone who has. I am looking up some websites so hopefully i'll have that soon. Until then anybody who has lost an special hunter(s) in their lifes, please reply and tell us about that person. thank you for all replies in advance

My dad: Gary L Knox: Law enforcment officer for 34 years and an hunter for almost 45
My Grandpa: Paul D. Knox: WWII veteran: Carpentry for 50+ years, not sure how long hunted but long time
Old 03-03-2004, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Tribune to fallen hunters

Robert "Bob" Flick passed on Nov 30, seven years ago. We hunted, fished and trapped together for 29 years. One of the most patient, funny persons I have ever known. I have been married for 44 years and next to my wife he is the best friend I ever had. There was never anyone other than my sons I would rather be in the field with. Unfortunately one of my sons is now living a long way from here and the other no longer hunts. Of all the others I used to hunt with I don't believe there are any of them that still hunt so it is just me and my dogs other than when my one son is lucky enough to get a nonresident license to come home to hunt with me. Just never give it up. Waterfowling is the best sport in the world!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:25 PM

Default RE: Tribune to fallen hunters

My Uncle Ed was an avid outdoorsmen that sadly passed
away a few years ago due to cancer. I still miss him
alot even to this day. I didn't get to hunt with him
much but did spend alot of time outdoors and talking
about hunting and fishing. He taught me alot about
guns and taking the right shot when hunting. We really
became closer as he got older and had more stuff in
common. I always looked up to him as an outdoorsmen
and a person. He was the best of both. I am thankful
for the time I got to spend with him and all the