Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

TOO MANY BIRDS!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TOO MANY BIRDS!!!

i raise birds that people bring in at school. they'll bring me chicken or duck eggs. not this goaround. i get 7 wild turkey eggs. interesting. they hatch sometime tonight. well i get back to class. 30 freakin pheasnt eggs. 30! and guess what. they're shaking and cracking now too! i dont have room in there for 30 pheasnts and 7 turkeys! ughhhhh! i'm thinking about raising a couple pheasnts till their big and releasing them. maby i'll get a population goin[&:]
Old 04-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TOO MANY BIRDS!!!

you won't do much for the population with only 30 birds...and plus if you don't hunt those birds right away they will be coyote food after abotu the first week...trust me been there done that...they are fun to rase and great when you hunt them right away but if you want to start getting the population that much bigger you got to make better places for them to escape danger and add about quadruple your bird count...but maybe you will get lucky