Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

NY Youth hunt ouch

Old 04-22-2005, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default NY Youth hunt ouch

It's starting to look like a wash out for Saturday 1.5 inches of rain 20 mph winds and thunder storms.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:05 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Youth hunt ouch

I see that... I was going to take a student of mine, but I may forget about it and get fired up for May 1 instead
Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

That really stinks, Charlie. We're getting a little that down here, and I don't think I'll bother dragging myself out of bed just to get a cold shower all morning long.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

Ahhhhh come on Charlie, don't let a little weather get to you. The birds are still going to be there. I am taking a youth out for the youth hunt here in PA. We will be hunting in Bradford County. If there is rain I will be set up on the edge of a field. I know they will hit th fields in the mornign with rain and wind. If you do go Have a safe trip and Good Luck, Pat
Old 04-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's up to my son he wants to go I'll take him.I don't know if he wants to sit in a total down pour. They have issued a flood watch for our area.

Sunday is looking cold but no rain. Light winds.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went
and i got a bird but it was jake we scouted the birds the night before got set up and the birds flew down in the feild didnt see any long beards so i waited then 4 more jakes ran down and they all started fghting then mydad started caling and the four hens came down after that four jakes came down about 10 yds and i let them walk because i thought the big ones where up more so i waited and they started walking foward soo no big beard.... then i thought the last one must be the big tom we heard gobblin
then boom i missed... then he ran and i shot again and got him 63 yds i was kinda disappointed becuase it was a jake but a birds a bird and im still hapy im also glad i got one because the smornin it was downpooring and windy
i cant wait to go back out opening weekend
Old 04-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 1" of snow Sunday morning sure shut the birds down!! Just think, next Sunday is may 1st, and were getting hit with snow??????[:@]