Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fact...Or Just A Tale??

Old 04-14-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Fact...Or Just A Tale??

When I was growing up the old timers always told me that if you call in a tom and arent able to take him, and he senses somethings wrong and leaves, that you cant call the same tom in on the same call during the same season. They said that he'll always know the sound of that call and that somethings not right. This strikes me as maybe a mythe, but turkeys are unpredictable. What are your opinions???
Old 04-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fact...Or Just A Tale??

I dont have any effidence to prove if it is fact or fiction. I would say it is probably myth. But as a turkey hunter you can never be to carefull. I would switch calls just in case there is some truth in the statement.
But then again the call that worked once may have his number. It may be just what he is looking for.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:03 PM

Default RE: Fact...Or Just A Tale??

I believe it is fiction. I have missed a turkey at 10 feet!! Just because the pattern was too tight. I was able to call him back with the same exact call in the same exact place; however once a turkey has had a bad experience at a certain place he will be extra careful. Say a turkey was ambushed out in a field he will always be careful about that spot from now on. But i have called in my turkeys i have missed before.