Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Iowa turkey hunting question

Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Iowa turkey hunting question

Do you have to have a lisence to just go with someone else tahts turkey hunting even if you aren't calling or anything?
Old 04-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Iowa turkey hunting question

I believe the regs say you must be holding a tag from one of the seasons to acompany someone turkey hunting.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

This law has always confused me. I know you do if you are going to aid the hunter in any way. Let me quick look it up and see what exactly it says.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The law states...A resident hunter having a valid spring turkey license for any zone or season may accompany, call for or otherwise assist another hunter who has a valid turkey license for any zone and season....So you dont have to have a tag any more, if you filled it and the license can be for any season or zone, not just the one your friend is hunting but the law says you have to have a license to even accompany someone.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:27 AM

So i have my hunting lisence and my turkey tag/lisence (bow only) and i fill my tag. I can go hunting with someone else who's going shotgun hunting during any season in any zone?And I can or can't call for them or help them?
Old 04-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Spike

The way I read the regs is that you can go with a buddy and call as long as you have a valid tag for any season or zone.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah. That would be fine. You can call for them too. Like if I have a 2nd season tag and I fill it I can go call for a friend in his 3rd or 4th season in any zone. Hope that makes sense, so in the senario you gave me you would be able to call and help your buddy.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:46 AM

what if i already filled my tag and no longer have it spur?
Old 04-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats ok. Just make sure you have the license with you. When you bought your tag they gave you a tag and a licese just have the license and it doesn't matter if you have filled the tag or not.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:01 AM

k, thanks guys

Quick Reply: Iowa turkey hunting question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.