Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

PRIMOS TURKEY CHOKES

Old 04-07-2005, 05:12 PM

Default PRIMOS TURKEY CHOKES

I have a Remington 870 Super-Mag, and will be using Federal 3 1/2" premium mag-shok #5 Heavyweight shells. I have been looking for a compatible choke, thats not gonna kill me in wallet department. I have seen Primos tightwad chokes for sale a lot of places, but havnt been able to find any reviews on them, any comments?

ALSO>> Anyone know where you can buy these shells (other than Gander Mountain) for less than $25.00 for a box of ten?
THANKS!!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:26 PM

Default RE: PRIMOS TURKEY CHOKES

i dont know about that one but the primos jellyhead is a good choke with hv shot
Old 04-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Your not going to find a box of heavy weights for much less than that. I know I've been trying.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
JR1

I'm not trying to be a smart-butt here, but it seems your really going about this thing a little backwards. Pick a choke and then pattern different shells till you find one that works best. Otherwise you're going to be spending a ton of money on chokes until you find one that works.

I do use the Jellyhead in my 870 and with Nitros and the new Win. Extendeds it is downright nasty out to 45+.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:23 PM

The reason that I'm doing it this way is because I have done a bunch of research on the balistics data, material that the shot is made, powder types, barrell speeds, and down field energy, and really liked the data I found n this particular shell. I have previousley used lead shot, but about an hour after I bought these shells, I remembered......... Current choke is for LEAD ONLY. Sucks to be me, but now after research on shells, I am in need of a choke. Might be the more expensive way to go, but the way that I'm stuck with now, bought a lot of shells.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
JR1

Guess that makes sense....I hope you find a good one on your first try!

Good luck.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

You can't shoot the new Federal Heavyweights through a lead only choke? I heard it was soft enough and was comprised of several different metals. Maybe not I guess.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:11 PM

The only thing you can shoot through a lead choke is lead, EVERYTHING else is to hard, whether it's steel, or some tungsten matrix blend, there is absolutley NO heavyshot that can be sot through a LEAD ONLY choke.

The are comprised of two differant metals though, Federal uses a Tungston-iron blend
Old 04-08-2005, 09:32 PM

u can get the jellyhead for under 40 bucks
Old 04-08-2005, 09:47 PM

You can buy an Undertaker Choke for under $20.00 at bass pro shops..

Bass Pro Shops / Chokes

Quick Reply: PRIMOS TURKEY CHOKES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.