Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Wisconsin turkeys

Old 04-05-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Wisconsin turkeys

What's happening out there?I am hearing that the flocks are just breaking up and the gobbling is picking up.I hunt 2 hours from where I live so I need some info here.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:33 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Wisconsin turkeys

Well I scouted the U.P.

And I figure....

The Toms where not very vocal at all. They are henned good and are breeding with wild abandon...

Then they just follow the hens all day....

Waht we saw with 2 days of scouting.....

Yes the really big flocks have broken up..but there should be more breaking up as we saw Multiple mature Toms together still with a few hens...

JW
Old 04-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The flocks are definately breaking up. The toms have been displaying now for a couple of weeks. The other day I saw a big fight break out among a bunch of toms. They were flying at each other, jumping up, pecking, raking, pushing, It was a real brawl. Starting to see single and double toms with a small group of hens. Things are in full swing. That first week is going to be a dandy, weather permitting.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:27 AM

Sat on the front porch last night about 7:45 with thunder coming in from the west. I listened to 6 different gobblers on there way up to roost. What sweet music. My season starts the 20th and I am getting fired up. The groups of toms have broke up around here.