Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbler Guillotine - MUST SEE VIDEO

Old 04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gobbler Guillotine - MUST SEE VIDEO

read the writting at the video sight.....they shot tame turkeys first to prove to the game officals(i want to say it was texas??) that their broadhead works efficently cleanly and does its job of putting birds down quick and painlessly.....thats why they shot tame turkeys...just to get htem to be legal to use....they probably invented them and asked if they would be legal heads....and had to prove they work.....they didnt shot tame turkeys just for the heck of it.....im not a bow hunter so i dont know if id use them....pretty impressive with a good hit to say the least......i cant believe the heads dont break.....and carrying out a headless bird and a head would kinda put a sour taste in my mouth.....turkeys are beautiful birds....i love pics of them.....with me and the 12ga standing behind them....not a headless bird with a bloody mess all over......but they shot the tame turkeys for proof of their effectiveness so they would be legal.......the last one is a wild hunt....
Old 04-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

I apologize, I didn't see the disclaimer saying why the video was shot, but it still doesn't change my opinion a whole lot. It's one thing to set up the killing of domesticated birds to prove to game officials their effectiveness, it's quite another to post the video on their website to provide "shock and awe" to sell their product. In other words, even if they had to make the video for the game officials, why post it on the website? Why not put more videos of wild bird kills on the site instead of the domesticated ones??

Like I said, to each his own, but I just think it makes us all look bad if PETA gets ahold of the video, which I'm sure they will.

Slice
Old 04-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like it, i am a bow-hunter and have taken several turkeys with a bow, but i prefer the shot-gun. I wouldnt support these broadheads.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM

Did you guys see this at the bottom?

Please note: Scenes shot with white, domestic turkeys were at the request of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Law Enforcement Division and used to confirm the validity of using the Gobbler Guillotine on wild turkey.

Still proves effective!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

How do they fit in a quiver?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess you'll have to make a quiver out of a Maxwell House can and a sea sponge.

I'm wondering whether I'd have a clearance problem with drawing the arrow. Those blades actually might reach out and touch my pinguard.

I can say without reservation that if I had one of these, I'd try it out for sure. I just don't think I'm willing to spend that much dough for a head that will never survive one shot.

I wonder what a body shot would do - I shoot 78 lbs, 288 fps on a 28" 5575 gold tip. There would have to be some measure of penetration, wouldn't you think??
If nothing else, the bird would absorb a whole lot of kinetic energy and it would undoubtedly crush any bones in the impact area.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm wondering whether I'd have a clearance problem with drawing the arrow
That's why you have to buy a special arrow.