Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbler Guillotine - MUST SEE VIDEO

Old 04-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gobbler Guillotine - MUST SEE VIDEO

You know that was pretty cool but get back to reality for a minute. Most people cant hit a turkey in the body at 20 yards with a bow let alone the head/neck area.... What happens if your off a few inches and hit the bird in the wing but. I doubt that thing will penetrate with those wide blades.... I need to see more than a few tame birds get there heads chopped off
Old 04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

why wont it work for me??? theres nothing to click on? and nothing plays?? any help??? i want to see i want to see!!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow.....i got it to work...just didnt like netscape....works with internet though...all i can say is wow......even though it works...i still think it would be hard....you have what...an inch....maybe 2 inches MAX of horizontal error.....turkeys heads always seem to be bobbing or looking around......3 ive killed so far been moving...not like a deer you can make a noise and they will freeze......
Old 04-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I watched that clip, and sorry guys...I don't get it. I couldn't get into opping off heads like that...but maybe that's just me. Looks like a humane kill, but there's just something not right about it...but that's just my opinion. I guess I want to walk out of the woods with my gobbler intact.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I found a deal from Jesse's hunting for (3) 125 grain broadheads and (1) special arrow to shoot them for around $30. (https://www.jesseshunting.com/osComm...roducts_id/553).

I figure one arrow should do, not expecting to get a follow up shot with turkey. These broadheads are wicked looking, hope they do the job this spring.

-Rick C.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to see some cool footage check out the latest Double Bull video. Excellent footage on the damage they do.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:01 PM

Can`t remember too many wild birds that stood still like that at 15 yards. I can`t for the life of me understand why they would use a bunch of tame turkeys.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

I watched that clip, and sorry guys...I don't get it. I couldn't get into opping off heads like that...but maybe that's just me. Looks like a humane kill, but there's just something not right about it...but that's just my opinion. I guess I want to walk out of the woods with my gobbler intact.
I Agree 110%.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I also had my doubts before the video, and the video confirmed my suspicions. No way I'd use it. Did you see the bird that looked like a miss? If that was a wild bird, it would have flown away and land 200 yards away before it started to get sick and die. And from the real time video, it looked like a miss. A hunter would have thought it to be a miss until they retrieved their arrow. Then they would have had to try to find the bird, but the chances aren't real good they'd find it. No thanks.

I'll say another thing. It may get me flamed here, but I'll say it anyway. I'm a hunter, and have also raised animals to eat (chickens, pigs, ect). Animals are made to be eaten...BUT, taking a tame bird and putting them in a pen for the sole purpose of loping off it's head for dramatic effect to sell a product leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm all for the sport of shooting a wild animal, and I'm all for butchering domestic farm animals for the purpose of eating, but this just doesn't sit right with me.

Another thing I can see with the blade...In MD you have to check your bird in at a checking station which most of the times is a small town convience store. I'm not sure it'll go over well with the non-hunting public for a bird to be shown off at the checking station with no head on it.

To each his own, but that blade isn't for me.

Slice
Old 04-02-2005, 05:49 PM

Interesting Product and great soundtrack to the video reminds me of TOPGUN.
Doesn't seem reliable enough to me though.

Quick Reply: Gobbler Guillotine - MUST SEE VIDEO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.