Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Rhino choke pattern results

Old 03-28-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Rhino choke pattern results

Wanted to thank the guys that recommended the Rhino choke. Patterned my Browning Gold 10 ga. with the .720 Rhino tube with the following amount of hits in a 10 inch circle.
Hevi Shot #5 1 7/8 oz 25 yards 191 pellets
40 yards 121 pellets
Winchester Supreme #5 2 1/4 oz 25 yards 197 pellets
40 yards 155 pellets

Winchester Supreme #6 2 oz 30 yards 173 pellets
40 yards 137 pellets

I believe I'm ready for them Missouri gobblers. Good luck to all this season
Old 03-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rhino choke pattern results

man i cant wait till i got some money laying around...im either turning my gun into a turkey slaying monster with a rhino/nitro combo plus other goodies....or buying a whole new gun and turning it into the monster....my gun kills em dead now....but hundreds of pellets in a 10inch circle at 40yds..my gun can dream about now...
Old 03-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you like that pattern antler addict just wait until you buy a box of the Nitro-Hevi shot brand from Ray, you can get a 2 1/2 oz load of 5's, I have a BPS 10 ga and thats what I shoot, I can put an average of 240 shot in a 11"x19" turkey target at 46 yards with the 5's, no telling what his 4x5x7's would do.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

is 101 on a 8 inch by 11 inch peice of card board at 35yds good with a 12ga
Old 03-28-2005, 06:38 PM

Strut. I know Ray's Nitro loads come highly recommended and I will probably order some from him. I just wonder how much more dead that turkey will be with his loads. I'm not real sure I'd shoot at a bird past 40 yards but my curiosity is high about shooting his cannon loads. Thanks again for the tips on the Rhino and the Hevi-Shot. Hope you get a biggun!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:49 PM

Allseasonhunter7, I'd say you have a pretty good set up with your Benelli Nova and Kicks tube. Too bad they're not Hevi-shot compatible. You should have plenty of hits on the turkey head target with what you have going.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know about being a cannon load, any load out of a 10 ga seems to be a cannon load, but I thought you might want the best load for your Browning and Rhino, I have shot many different chokes and loads and the Rhino with Nitro beats them all by a long shot. I don't like shooting over 40 yards either but if I get one hung up at 50 I feel very comfortable with taking the shot.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I don't like shooting over 40 yards either but if I get one hung up at 50 I feel very comfortable with taking the shot.
My thought exactly Just got my Nitros yesterday but my gun is in the shop getting tapped for the Holo sight. I sure wish I'd gone to Rhino/Nitro combination long time a go. Through my 870 I've had 279 in a 12" @ 40 (clean/polished barrel) and 247 hits @ 40 after shooting a few other loads through the gun. Being able to throw a good pattern 40 to 50 yards doesn't mean I have to shoot that far, I always want to call the turkeys into my kill zone (25 to 30 yards) but it doesn't always work out that way every time. It's real nice knowing I have the ability to make a clean kill when the kill zone is stretched out Congratulation on the Rhino and the sweet pattern you're throwing. Good luck this year and keep it safe
Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the very reasons that I went to the Nitro/Rhino combo as well. Great post MK!!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the guys that I work with bought a chock made by Keith Anderson and patterened it with the Nitro triplex load and he put 324 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards. It was pretty amazing but almost to tight. He is shooting a 10 ga. BPS. The Anderson choke is a little tighter than the rhino so he is hoping the pattern will open up a little with the rhino. He hasn't patterned it yet though.

Quick Reply: Rhino choke pattern results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.