Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone bow hunting for turkeys this year?

Old 03-24-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Anyone bow hunting for turkeys this year?

Just kind of wondering if anyone is going to bow hunt for turkeys this season. Im decided i would give it a try, i have never shot a turkey before. I bought a double bull blind from what i hear they are awesome.

What are you planning on using from broadheads. I am putting on a 100 gr. thunderhead with a rounded off tip and a gobblerstopper adder point right behind it.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone bow hunting for turkeys this year?

I will be once I fill my first tag. I never tagged one in the spring with a bow, so I hope this year is my first. I have 3 tags this year between Vermont and PA so I hope to have a fair chance at arrowing one.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

We have three weeks of season here and for the first week, its bow only for me. Arrowing a gobbler is very challenging, but once you connect with one, you'll be hooked!!! I shoot 125gr NAP Gobbler Getters.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

deerhunter18
You made a good choice buying the Double Bull. I will be bowhunting them this year.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

I will be out with the stick and string again this year exclusively. I've purchased a Double Bull and I've been doing my homework, doing my scouting. Ready to get in the game.

Slice
Old 03-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've decided to keep what little sanity I have left and stick with gun this year.

Not saying it's insane to hunt them with a bow, just think it might drive me insane.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:56 AM

this will be my first season with useing my bow for turks. my set up will be the new matrix blind by doublebull in green predator, i also have the b5prostaff blind that i bought 3 years ago. for a bow mathews sq2 with the gobbler guillotine [ not sure how those will work out] and buckwings new bobbinhead hen decoys along with there jake decoy. one thing i found out you need to put your turkey decoy close to your blind about 10yards. good luck bow hunting.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too will be trying my hand with a bow this year. Going at it without a blind as well.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I too will be trying my hand with a bow this year. Going at it without a blind as well.
Thats how I will be doing it too. You know your a real mountian man if you get one w/ a bow and no blind, that's braggin rights there.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:25 AM

i'm ganna try this year.. this will b my first year

Quick Reply: Anyone bow hunting for turkeys this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.