Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What's your favorite turkey call ?

Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 AM

Default RE: What's your favorite turkey call ?

I like the Cody Woodsman glass call and the Primos Freak with crystal. Also I just bought the new Primos Cuttin striker and it is maybe the best tool in my vest. I dont use a box call too often but when i do, i have found that the Primos Box Cutter works very well.

Also, does anyone use or had any luck with those hand held push pin friction calls? I have 2 of them and i might as well throw them away....i never use them because i never have any luck with them...and to me they just dont sound right.....Is it just me??
Old 03-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite mouth call of all times are the two most recent ones that I have bought and they are Primos Piggy back stacked frame yelpers. I bought the Boss Hogg and the True Double and they took my mouth calling to places its never seen before. Use to I always went to my Power crystal in crunch time but I am so much better with these mouth calls than any of the others that I have ever use that I don't figure my slate will get much use this year. I have worked a bunch of turkeys with a mouth call and some that wouldn't work to anything else but I never sounded good like the guys on TV do. For some reason, with these new calls I sound as good as most anybody.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

I started using the Primos True Double a few seasons ago, and fell in love with the stacked frame design. I picked up the Boss Hogg last weekend, and it may be my new favorite diaphragm. They are so much easier to work than a traditional diaphragm. I'd highly recommend that you try them if you haven't already. As far as friction calls, obviously I'm partial to the ones I make. I prefer my Purpleheart glass over slate. It's hard to beat a glass over slate in a pot made from harder woods like Purpleheart or Osage.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:51 AM

Primos gobbler tube, cody slate, QB mouth calls
Old 03-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Chuck,
Which ever one you pick, you have to PRACTICE---PRACTICE----PRACTICE!
See how long your wife and family can put up with it.
If you don't practice, none are any good.