Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Old 03-21-2005, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

I agree, that's showing no respect for the bird at all!! I have noticed that quite a bit as well on several video's that I have been watching, and it tick's me off too!!! What kind of impression are they trying to convey here by "laughing"???? Very childlike in my book!!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Any hunter on video to be sold to the public should be aware that they will b watched by people on the fence in regard to the hunting issue. With that in mind, anything that looks like lust for killing should be avoided if at all possible. Laughing to express joy and tension relief is one thing. Laughing in a disrespectfull way to the quarry only reflects badly on us all
Old 03-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Some times its just because the hunter is so happy they got what they were hunting for.

That is how some people show happieness.

Now if they are laughing at the animal thats wrong.

Some times when I am extreamly happy I will break out laughing.

But its because of extream happieness.

JMHO

To me it just sounded like they were bragging about being able to hunt all the time and "Hey, while you are at it, buy our camo" Hey, I know it would be great to be able to hunt all the time but I don't need some guy pushing his product to remind how great it is!!! Maybe I'm being too harsh but I won't be buying their products anytime soon...

It does look like bragging.

Like Na Na na na na I can hunt and you can't hunt sniker sniker.

I am on a Very limeted income.
And can't afford a lot like others.
Its not that I am cheap I just don't have the money.

But laughing some times is a release valve for extream happieness. JMHO

The World Might Never Know LoL
Old 03-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Never even thought of it. Just someones personal reaction to a very postive emotional situation. I notice lots of people laugh when they are nervous. Even the "pros" on the video admit to being nervous all the time. Perhaps this is just that release. They get a little more wound up than the average hunter I believe as well. They have to wait a lot longer to pull the trigger so they get good video and clear camera angles. The knot just keeps getting tighter and tighter the longer they wait and some people just explode. I was in shcok after my first kill and just mumbled "wow" all the way out of the bush. When I was halfway home at a red light it really hit me and I let out one of those primal screams followed by the 2 hour perma-grin.

After thinking about it I don't think there is any problem with it and I don't think they are showing disrespect.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, I figured Ill get flamed for this but.....O well.
First off, Ive never killed a turkey so Im not sure how Ill react to that. But with all the other animals Ive harvested Ive always done the same. Dont know why, its not that Im tryin to, just what happens. I get this sh!t eatin grin on my face and I laugh. Say what you will but the emotion compiled with the feeling of accomplishment, and the adrenaline, its just what happens. I laugh and throw high 5s and enjoy it.
Like I said, Ill prolly get flamed but so what, I cant really control it so....
Old 03-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys need to relax a bit. There is nothing disrespectful about it. Do you think it's respectful to skin the bird or parade him around for pictures? No it isn't. Different folks celebrate the occaision in different ways. The fact that they celebrate different than you do doesn't make it wrong, just different. If if offends you then turn the channel. But there is nothing respectful about killing something and certainly not in skinning and preparing it. You might want to keep that in mind before you start judging others reactions.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

Some times its just because the hunter is so happy they got what they were hunting for.

That is how some people show happieness.

Now if they are laughing at the animal thats wrong.
Couldn't have said that better myself.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:26 PM
JR1

I've laughed, shouted (most often), cried, and cringed(after a miss) after shooting a turkey. I find none to be disrespectful. I'm for respecting game and everything, but let's be honest, we are the top of the food chain and there is entertainment and enjoyment in fulfilling our duty by taking an animal. I enjoy hunting, shooting, and killing and sometimes I laugh with joy when I succeed with what I've set out to do.

Please don't misinterpret all that to say that hunting is just about killing for me or that I kill strictly for the fun of it, but also make no mistake, hunting is a form of entertainment. Get out there and enjoy it, and if that makes you laugh, then so be it.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I said the same thing a number of months ago after watching a couple Realtree deer hunting video's. They just shot a magnificent creature and, in some cases it was still lying there kicking and the shooter turns toward the cameraman, lowers his facemask and begins laughing . The cameraman was laughing hysterically as well. What the heck is so funny about killing a giant, majestic buck?

I hunt deer and turkeys and have killed a LOT of them over the years and laughing was not one of the emotions I displayed. I was very disappointed in the disrespect shown repeatedly in these videos. It happened in probably close to half the kills. I could understand laughing if they had missed, but not when you kill an animal. It's disrespectful, plain and simple.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

hunt deer and turkeys and have killed a LOT of them over the years and laughing was not one of the emotions I displayed.
So it's disrespectful if that someones honest emotion?

Quick Reply: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.