Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Remington 870 SPS-T Thumbhole Stock - Kick's Choke

Old 03-18-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Remington 870 SPS-T Thumbhole Stock - Kick's Choke

We recently reviewed the new Remington Model 870? SPS-T? Super Magnum? Thumbhole Stock. The gun seemed extremely durable and lightweight. The included R3 Recoil pad, TruGlo fiber optic sights and camo sling really make this shotgun is well worth the price. It comes factory with an excellent choke that holds a great pattern. We replaced the factory choke with the Kick's Gobblin' Thunder .660 Choke and saw a dramatic improvement in the pattern. It was tighter and held more pellets.

Overall this is an fantastic Turkey gun straight out of the box. The SPS-T Super Magnum feels very comfortable when you are holding it. It will be an asset toward comfort when sitting and waiting for that long beard gobbler to arrive.

Has anyone else had the opportunity to test this gun or choke? Interested in feedback or any other patterning results.

Thanks,

Keith Reeves
B and R Outdoors
www.bandroutdoors.com

Old 03-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remington 870 SPS-T Thumbhole Stock - Kick's Choke

The short barrel 870's I've shot favored a moderate constriction. I doubt their new thumb hole variant has changed any in barrel characteristics. Seemed to be the norm using high velocity loads under 2 ounce. Shells in #5 for lead and #6 in Hevi-shot worked very well with a .665 tube.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if you can get it with a left hand stock???
Old 03-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the stock sucks !
what happens if the turkey comes in on your right side ?
How can you switch hands to shoot left handed ?
IMO a stock like Speed Feeds pistol grip stock is much better.
Here is a http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c010105002.jpg Link [/link] to a picture of my 11-87 with one.
The pad is not as soft as Remingtons but you will never feel the differance in the woods.
Cabelas sells them as do others.
I have a red dot sight (Millit 30 mm) on my 11-87 ,just put the dot on the head and pull the trigger ( left or right handed)

I use Hevi shot reload and a Undertaker choke tube ,Remington Hevi shot patterens great also .