Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

knee hi rubber boots

Old 02-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default knee hi rubber boots

where i hunt in Idaho it is extremely wet I was wondering about everones opinion on these boots waterproof? comfort? warmth? what brands are recomended Lacrosse? Browning? Hodgeman? etc. sometimes i do allot of walking how are they on long hikes? thanx in advance
Old 02-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knee hi rubber boots

Schnee makes some good water proof boots that are comfortable...
Old 03-15-2005, 08:50 PM

Lacrosse knee high boots are extremly comfortable and good for lots of walking. As far as waterproof goes, i dont think you will have a problem but some boots are a better quality than others and be less likely to tare. They ushily last me 3 years and I wear them alot.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I had trouble getting Burleys on and off!

So for years I have wore Red Head Boots from Bass Pro.

They are covered with cloth camo and to me shine is what it is all about.....So I got them suckers plain wore out and will be looking for a new pair tonight.

They do have thinsulate and even on vary hot days I had no problem. I also used them to judge dogs and that was all day walkin'
JW
Old 03-16-2005, 08:16 AM

LaCrosse AlphaBurly Sport Uninsulated Rubber Boots
I think the best rubber boot out there for the money. It was referred to me last year here on the huntingnet for a moose hunt I had upcoming in Newfoundland. I wore these boots for the entire week, walking endless miles with out any problems. Very light weight. I since used them countless hours hunting whitetails and turkeys with out any problems at all. They also have insulated models, but I found this model perfect if you're moving around a lot.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also hunt in a boggy area and like to cover a lot of ground. For me, rubber boots were never an option due to their discomfort and bulk. One day, however, I was at a Gander Mountain and they had these LaCrosse Alpha Series boots. They are more like a Neoprene than a cheap rubber - and they were super light. So I thought I'd try one on, just to quell my curiosity.

Well, to say the least, they feel like bedroom slippers on your feet. They are more comfy than my Rocky Boots - and lighter. As for warmth, I bought the uninsulated pair, b/c I needed them for early archery and turkey - so your toes get a little chilly if it's frosty out. Buy yourself a pair of these and say goodbye to wet, muddy pantlegs forever. Never fear another mudpuddle or stream crossing either.

I was never a rubber boot guy before, but these things are fantastic.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:20 PM

I wear Lacrosse. I used to wear Red Ball and hunted quail in them all day.

Lacrosse is a good comfortable boot.

Hal
Old 03-17-2005, 03:08 PM

I use Cabela's Stalkers (?), a lightweight sneaker type boot, then wear/carry Tingley's, a pull-over type rubber boot, which I wear in the early dew times and rain. If it dries out, I pull my Tingleys off and stow them in my backpack, and I have light, dry boots for the day. The Tingleys are cheap, and have meant I've not had to replace my good boots as often, as they afford an extra layer of wear protection. I also have a pair of pull over lightweight hip waders I carry if I'm in an area with lots of wide streams.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:09 PM

P.S. Rubber boots like LaCrosse's made my feet sweat/get wet. The Stalker/Tingley combination doesn't.

Quick Reply: knee hi rubber boots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.