Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

T/C Encore Turkey Gun

Old 01-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Default T/C Encore Turkey Gun

Anyone out there tried the T/C Encore as a turkey gun. I purchased the regular 12 ga. barrel in all camo. It came with a extended/ported choke but I'm looking for a tighter shooting after-market brand. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 AM

Default RE: T/C Encore Turkey Gun

You might try this site.

[link]http://www.foxridgeoutfitters.com/section.cfm?section=16[/link]

I've looked at their barrels before and they could probably set you up with something you'd like.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:22 PM

I have an Encore but not the turkey barrel yet. Have been reading and it seems the .640 Hastings choke with #6 Winchester HV is a good setup. Granted each gun will like something differn't. The Encore shotgun barrels take the same chokes as the Winchester & Mossberg 500 so there are plenty of options out there.

I'm actually thinking of getting the new 20 guage turkey barrel from Fox Ridge for mine.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:53 AM

I bought the TC Turkey gun last year. Didn't spend much time with it at the range, but did take a gobbler with it at 20 yards.

This year, I have been out on the range with it quite a bit and haven't figured out the best load for it yet.

I have tried the following combo's with the Included XXXFull choke tube (.670)

Federal #4 2oz.
Federal #5 2oz.
Federal #6 2oz.

Winchester #5 2oz.
Winchester #6 2oz.
Winchester #5 13/4 oz.

Best results to date have been the Winchester #6 2oz shells. 265 pellets at 30 yards in 8X11 target with 85 in head and neck. 79 pellets at 40yds with 12 in head and neck.

Would like to get some better results. If anyone has more data please share...my arm is about ready to fall off as this gun kicks like a mule!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 02:20 PM

I took mine and put on a hevi-shot choke. With the Remington Hevi-shot in a #5, it throws a wicked pattern. I have not scored yet with it, but the pattern at 40yds is real nice. Be sure though that if you are going to use that shot, you must use the proper choke, don't fire it through one of those x-full ones.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:06 PM

blueturkey,

What brand and constriction of choke tube are you shooting in your TC?
Old 03-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

I have the 12ga turkey barrel, and my particular barrel w/ the included choke, likes Federal Premium #5's 2oz. I average 16-20 pellets in the head and neck at 30yds. I took a decent bird last year at 38yds and he was done before I got to him. I seldom take a shot over 40yds, so I'm satisfied with my setup.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:47 AM

Squid---I have the HS Strut Undertaker HS choke and is .675. I did like the preformance of the factory T/C choke supplied with the barrel with copper shot. But after killing a couple of birds at 40+yards with hevi-shot in my 11-87, I have become a big fan. Now that I am using exclusively my T/C Encore, that is the set up I settled on.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Do you have to use the shotgun forearm or will the muzzleloader forearm work? I am thinking about getting a barrel & was wondering about the forearm.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:11 PM

I can't tell you that one, I just have a turkey barrel and a rifled slug barrel and they use the same forearm. Not sure about the muzzy, but expect that it uses the same.

Quick Reply: T/C Encore Turkey Gun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.