Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

blind hunting

Old 12-16-2004, 05:52 AM

Default blind hunting

I have a silly question, how do you carry everything and still stay mobil?? I hunted last year by myself and carried everything I needed fine in my vest. This season I was planning on taking my 6yo son along. I wanted to get a blind so as not to be too worried about a little movement from him, and he also wants to video the hunt like he sees on TV. Great idea I thought but how do I carry all my turkey stuff, blind, chair, and video equ and still be able to pack up and move if needed?

Anyone out there use a similar set up and if so how do you get it all in?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:57 AM

Default RE: blind hunting

Carry a third person along to be the pack horse...

Hal
Old 12-16-2004, 10:46 AM
JW
Super Moderator

One thing you could do is use the new Avery rag blinds.

They fold to less that 12 inches but provide a 12 foot barrier. Carrying 2 of these would be no problem as I have done so lots of times.

A rag blind is just a flat panel shield you look over. It has break apart poles so it can fold and roll-up easily. I won about 4 of different camo backgrounds. Can be set-up quickly around any tree you choose to use as a back rest. Will allow lots of lower body movement and with a small bit of brushin' in will blend into any surrounding quickly

As the season's get closer I'll post pictures of what I use like I did last year.

Or pattern birds and then use a tent style blind. I also use these at times and they allow a lot of movement under certain conditions.

But if ya run N gun I would choose the rag blind set-up.

JW
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 AM

I carry plenty of camo mesh and some clothes pins, so that I can quickly rig up a blind if need be. I prefer a blind of surrounding materials though.

Hal