Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Where would you go?

Old 12-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where would you go?

Deer season is winding down here and for the first time in a lot of years i don't have a spring trip planned. I was curious as to where you would go if you could. I'd love to take a trip, hunt public land, and see some new country, but just can't seem to decide on where to go. My wife needs a Rio and a Oceola for her slam, but we don't have to do that this year. What's your favorite piece of this country to chase birds? Ideas anyone? We've hunted Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, South Dakota, Wyoming, Florida. We were giving Mississippi some thought or maybe a return trip to SD. We did have an invite to hunt some private land outside Nashville, but that's to close to count as a trip.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Where would you go?

I hear MO or KS is a nice trip.

Hal
Old 12-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

South Dakota is my choice. If you get a Black Hills tag along with a prairie tag from the state, and one of several of the tribal tags, you can get up to 7 birds and not have to leave the state! Maybe more as I'm not sure if a couple of the tribes issue turkey tags.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

I'm headed to MO this spring.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:15 PM

Try Pine Ridge in Nebraska in the Spring
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Missouri for me all the way!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

id go after the ones with the white tipped fans that look all nice n fluffy on TV...merriams i believe......i want one of them fans for the wall!!....but it sounds like you guys got them big white fluffy fans.....then id head to FLA.....my uncle lives in port orange....not sure how close the turkeys are...but i want a FLA bird too.......free lodging for me.....i can drive a little if id have to to hunt.....really considering that trip one day if he stays down there....maybe graduating collge trip or something....be nice to spend some time with my uncle....and do some hunting....i see him a few times a year...but we grew up together......and its always a good time when we are togehter.....cant wait till he comes home this weekend.....
Old 12-14-2004, 09:03 PM

Missouri is the Wild Turkey Capitol of the World!! Don't know how you could beat a trip to the Show-Me-State!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:55 PM

Canada or upstate new york
Old 12-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

CANADA theres no Turkeys in Canada [8D] ...BT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.