Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

My Dad's first

Old 05-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Default My Dad's first

I finally got it small enough. But here's my Dad's first ever, and the first one I've called in for someone else.

Boy at 56 he sure got hooked like a kid at Christmas

Old 05-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Dad's first

I'm sure you have a hunting partner for life now!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

way to go .....now you'll have more idea's what to get him for "Father's Day"...."Birthday's"...."Xmas"....or just anytime ya want to show em how much he mean's to you....p.s....I'm availlable for adoption...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 PM

I might have to take you up on that Wayne...especially after I seen what you guys cropped off your pad this year

PS that bird was taken about 3 miles from the Colville air port. I can't remember the name of the road, you take a left right at the top of the hill and head out of town. Nice when my Uncle goes to cruise timber for a customer he'll get us on the land for a hunt...Nice perks
Old 05-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You were on Aladdin Rd....if ya did'nt turn off onto Douglas Fall's road....then you musta almost been hunting out of DocE's front yard. What's your Uncle's name...I've had several differenf timber cruiser's over the year's cruise my timber ?
Old 05-25-2004, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats [8D]
Old 05-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you both,What a beautiful bird.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: WAYNE1

You were on Aladdin Rd....if ya did'nt turn off onto Douglas Fall's road....then you musta almost been hunting out of DocE's front yard. What's your Uncle's name...I've had several differenf timber cruiser's over the year's cruise my timber ?
Aladdin, that's it! ya up aboout three miles then hang a right over the crick, my uncle is Don Arnott? He does quite a bit of logging all over that area. He's out of Rice.

Thanks everyone, this season I've been able to call in that bird and a couple other(one was huge) for a youngster, although we weren't able to get her a shot, but now I'm debating which is more exciting and gratifying, shooting your own or calling one in for a buddy I think it's about equal though.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm debating which is more exciting and gratifying, shooting your own or calling one in for a buddy I think it's about equal though.
The bird I took this year was the fist one in 6 year's....not because I could'nt get one....but cus I was haveing to much fun helping other's get their's...I never take a weapon when I'm taking other's out....even though they sometime's beg me to....but I want them to know...that whatever bird come's in....is their's...and their's alone.....take's the pressure off em...
Old 06-01-2004, 05:31 PM

I told my Dad on a couple occasions that I'd take the video camera instead. He didn't want any part of that, probably because of being a Father it still makes him proud that his Son, (even though he's 34), could be successful.

Quick Reply: My Dad's first

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.