Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Called in Sick.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Called in Sick.

Lucky devil. I used up all my sick days back in archery season.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes I wonder just how many lost jobs and broken marriages Turkey Addiction has caused.

Keep your priorities straight... There are other jobs.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:51 PM

More than likely will not be at work tommorrow...........got the turkey flu. My boss just laughs, he's a big of a elk hunter as I'm on turkeys. He said "I know how bad elk is & if turkey hunting is as bad as everyone says, I don't need to get into it."
Old 04-22-2004, 03:04 PM

Hello All,

Well we never got a bird this morning But we had a heck of a show, The old boy had three hens with him, we watched him strut his stuff out in a corn field for a hour and a half. He only got as close as 80 yards. I kind of wish we would have had some decoys with. But I borrowed them to another buddy of mine. That old gobbler and his hens shunned all of my calling this morning. But I think I got his number for tommorow morning, as long as he roost in the same place tonight. I didn't make it in to work untill 8:39. I think the boss is a little sore at me, but he will get over it. I was going to ask him if I could come in late tomorrow too, but I chickened out. If I go along tomorrow morning I will have to leave the woods at 6:30 to get to work on time. Boy I'm tempted to go. I wasn't hunting for my self I was tagging along with a friend on his hunt. I got fourth season, May 5th - 9th. Can't wait.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: dog1

I believe I would have to think hard about moving to another state if GA. just had 5 days of turkey hunting.

That's for sure! Five days isn't a very long season, guess we don't know how lucky we are. MO has a 3 week season and it goes by way too fast!
Old 04-23-2004, 06:25 AM

YEAH, I know I have Trukey Fever really bad. I will day or somtimes two days off a week during the duration of Va's turkey season. I figure it will even out with lots of ovetime later!!! You can always work but you might have only one chance at the big gobbler. Good luck and safe hunting to all!!!