Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

help me out here...

Old 02-16-2002, 06:12 PM

Default help me out here...

How would yall get a fellow to stop baiting turkeys on your hunting club...Its an old man thats been in the club forever.Its a couple of us new members that thinks its a bunch of crap but everyone else seems to overlook it..
I guess we could go in there and wrap some sort of barricade tape reading DO NOT ENTER around where hes feeding corn...
What do yall think????
Old 02-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: help me out here...

Maybe you guys should join another hunting club that fallows all game laws.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:47 PM

we had the same problem in our club.a member that was in when the club started years and years ago.the president and some members called the wardens. they set on the bait when gobbler season started. the opening morning was a big surprise for the hunter.
large fines and removel form the club.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:10 PM

talk to your local game warden have them set up a hidden camera bust him
Old 02-16-2002, 10:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell him what you think about it!!!And if it is against the law tell him to clean it up.If it is against the law it could threaten not only him but your whole club in general and I would sure as heck let him no about that.If your worried about being kicked out because he's a long standing member "if you say something to the old boy" than so what.Do what Mr.Longbeard suggested and find another club.I'd rather do that than end up finding myself in trouble over something I didn't even do!!
Old 02-17-2002, 08:59 AM

I wouldnt just turn him in,without telling him that his methods are out of date,and we no longer have to hunt to survive,like he did back in his early day's.Welcome him to the new era,and take him along with you.Sometimes old habit's are hard to break,But Wrong is Wrong! BobGobble also bring's up a good point.In my area if Baiting is discovered,The Game Commission may quarnteen the whole area to hunting,for the entire season.

Edited by - Hidden Hunter on 02/17/2002 10:04:52
Old 02-17-2002, 10:53 AM

Longbeard has a god idea to just join another club if theres another one in your area. Turn the guy in after you leave so you don't have to worry about getting busted with the rest of them, because it sounds like they all condone it. If you prefer to stick with the club, invite the local game warden to your next meeting, or set one up if you don't have them, kind of a pre-season steak feed get together, so the warden can give a little talk on all the new laws etc., including baiting. Hopefully, everyone will understand the consequences of letting the bad guys do their thing and the good guys will get together to let the bad guys know that they better clean up their act or hit the road. Depends on how much of a wave you want to make. The bottom line is to do the right thing, no matter how you go about it. Good luck !
Old 02-17-2002, 09:19 PM

TWO OF THE PROBLEMS ME AND BOOSBUSTER HAVE IS IT REAL HARD TO FIND A LEASE AS GOOD AS THE ONE WE ARE IN FOR DEER AND TURKEY HUNTING AND THE OTHER PROBLEM IS THE OLD MAN HAS HAD A STROKE AND HIS BROTHER (THE PRESIDENT)STARTED THE CLUB WITH HIM. BUT YALL ARE ALL RIGHT ABOUT A GAME WARDEN NEEDS TO TUNE HIM UP. WE JUST NEED TO FIND THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IT .....
Old 02-17-2002, 09:34 PM

Call ELI, He'll set him straight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.