Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Federal Premiums

Old 03-31-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Federal Premiums

just patterned my gun, its a mossberg model 500 turkey gun 24" barrel, double xx full turkey tube, today with federal premium mag-shok magnum loads. 3" 2. oz, #6's i shot a pretty good group. justo wondering if any of u guys have ever used the federals and was wondering if they were any good.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Federal Premiums

I shoot the same gun except I use #5 1 7/8oz, the Mag shok worked better than the premiums and last year with premiums I bagge one, one shot 47 paces. Seems to pattern good and if you can afford it try the Hevi shot, I tried them to pattern but couldn't afford them for hunting last year(laid off at turkey season) but you'd be shocked at how much better they are. I could see taking a bird out to almost 60yds if neccesay with the Hevishot.But If you like the federal,I'd stick with them, I do
Old 04-01-2004, 03:29 AM

I use the same thing in my Mossberg 500. Patterns very well.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

..i shoot the federal grand slam..3.5 with good patterns..
Old 04-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot federal grand slams. 3.5 inch 2oz. #4s. They don't play. I've killed 2 birds this year & the closest was 45 yards. 1 was 50 through heavy underbrush.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:45 PM

Yep in my 835 xx full choke #5's
Old 04-01-2004, 09:10 PM

can i shoot hevi-shot through my choke. on my choke it plainly says "lead only". i was just wondering. i priced the hevi shot today its expensive, almost like buyin rifle bullets.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: trapper T

I shoot the same gun except I use #5 1 7/8oz, the Mag shok worked better than the premiums and last year with premiums I bagge one, one shot 47 paces. Seems to pattern good and if you can afford it try the Hevi shot, I tried them to pattern but couldn't afford them for hunting last year(laid off at turkey season) but you'd be shocked at how much better they are. I could see taking a bird out to almost 60yds if neccesay with the Hevishot.But If you like the federal,I'd stick with them, I do
Aren't the Mag Shok® and Premium Grand Slam® the same exact load; just in different packaging? I went to get some Premium Grand Slam® a couple of days ago & they had all been replaced with Mag Shok®. I subsequently bought a box. Comparing it with the Grand Slam® box at home I noticed they have the same exact bar code.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:00 PM

Frito, I've done it, I called the hevi shot tech and the Mossberg tech services and all they told me was not to go below a .665 restriction. Never a problem and I've run a box through mine same set up your using.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: dawei

Aren't the Mag Shok® and Premium Grand Slam® the same exact load; just in different packaging? I went to get some Premium Grand Slam® a couple of days ago & they had all been replaced with Mag Shok®. Comparing the two boxes closely I noticed they have the same exact bar code.
I didn't pay that close attention, guess their marketing tactics worked on this poor stiff. But everytime I shot to compare I could tell a distinct difference in the two????

Quick Reply: Federal Premiums

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.