Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Great day in the woods yesterday, need help w/PICS!!

Old 03-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great day in the woods yesterday, need help w/PICS!!

March 27,

I decided to take an afternoon adventure and do a little preseason scouting for turkeys. Season starts in just over a week and I haven't had a chance to get out and inspect things since deer season. I had a good idea of where the birds like to stay, so I headed out of the house at about 4 p.m. with my digital cam in hand in case a photo oppurtunity presented itself. At approx. 4:45 I was slipping through my favorite turkey hunting area. As I expected there was sign everywhere. I could tell that the scratching was fresh it was obvious that it had been done since that morning. I decided to sit down and wait awhile to see if anything might show up. After setting for around 45 minutes I thought I heard a hen calling. After a few more minutes I heard it again. My heart started beating as the suspense grew. I began to hear the birds more clearly as they moved closer and closer. A few minutes later I spotted a hen, then another one, and another, and .......well you get the point. It took a few more minutes for the birds to begin to funnel by me. There were several jakes in the group and one dominant bird. He had a double beard, not very lengthy, but nonetheless he has two 4 or 5 inch beards. He strutted past me at around 30 yards and I got a couple of pics of him and several of the rest of the birds. You can't see the beards in the pictures because I've gotta admit, I was shakin just a little bit with all those eyes scanning the woods. After watching the birds for several minutes they moved off into the bottom and down by the creek where they roosted. I had a great evening in the woods and it's got me pumped for the 6th of next month. Anyway, I've got some pics but I don't know how to post em. If anybody can help by letting me email them to you or by explaining what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Great day in the woods yesterday, need help w/PICS!!

Big man way to go on the shots. It's great when you're that close isn't it. I'm new to the board but I do know how to post pic's on it. I'll try to help you out.

Here are your options as I see it.

1. e-mail them to someone that is willing to post them for you. Like me, I'll do it now problem. But you have to do the "write up".

2. Join a "free" web hosting site like "Photobucket.Com" and post them your self. I'll walk you through the steps if you would like.

Item #2 is like the old saying, "give someone a fish and feed them for a day, TEACH them to fish and feed them for life". I like item #2 becuase you may have some really great photo's now or someday that you really want to share, and with the knowledge you'll be able to do it ANYTIME you want.

This is a photo of my the wings of an "Osceola" that I got this year. It, (the pic), is for another fella out in Texas who makes his own wing bone yelpers. I'm just using it for an example. But, Chad if you see this, I didn't screw up the ends of the bones this year.

Either way, I'll still help you if I can.

Good luck out there and be safe.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks DHF:KYLEN,

I tried to post these pics in the gallery on this site as that is what I read to do in another post but I'm having a problem getting them to come up. anyhow, I've been on the board for awhile but just now started to try to post pics with the digital cam. Would you mind it I e-mailed a couple of the pics to you to post for me? I'd appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:59 PM

Bring it: [email protected] I'll do my best.