Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

coffee break

Old 03-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default coffee break

well yesterday i spent the day from %#&@ at the courthouse yesterday, i couldnt hunt [:@], 2 days notice , i was hot, but all went well....my daughter was a witness in an assault case...Toby called and said he got a bird and a couple of others were taken , i wanted to be in the woods so bad , but he said he would video my hunt today ....anyway, i got up at 3:00 a.m., i wanted to take my bow, but i was planning on hunting the fields and i just didnt feel comfortable because i might not that close shot, so i brought my gun....saw FHH and he introduced me to andy kaisers brothers, it was COOL ....i wasnt sure of which area i wanted to hunt so i asked God to let me hear a gobble so i can go to it , that way i wouldnt have to decide,lol. ...i got to the gate and an owl went off, then i heard it balalalalalalala [8D] we hurried over to the wood's edge , followed it up,he was still sounding off , boom, he's right there ,30-40 yards, turned out to be the tree toby had his blind/bucket from yesterday,so we snuck into the woods right there and waited, he was just a gobblin',the sun was coming up, so i did a tree yelp with my kaiser kall and canary wood striker.....a opposum came sneaking by me, 3 feet , i wanted to shu , but i couldn't, lol....he walked by toby in the morning yesterday, so we named him shamrock the lucky opposum well he finally flew down,landed in the field about 50 yards on the other side of this brush pile, so up and off i went, i stalked up to it and waited, i couldnt get a good shot, looks like i could in the video, but i couldn't, too much brush..he's out there gobbling, strutting and all of a sudden a hen flew into the woods and not into the field, she must of seen me, ended up we set up between her and him he stuck around, though he knew something was up and even gobbled, but he was puttin', he gobbled one more time and putted again, i could see it was now or never, so i stood up and took my first seminole ranch bird....he's one of the 4 we have on video from scouting...... his stats are:17lbs
1 1/8 and 1 3/16 spur
9.5 inch beard
will post lots of pics tomorrow night, i'm videoing fl's hunt in the morning..........my video from today kicked butt, it was foggy, you see me stalking up ,the bird, the kill and me standing there with my gun....toby in the video was saying take it casey, take it, but i didnt have the view he thought i had from his view, he was more of a mess than i was, i cant wait to have fl's bird on video....

learnin' lesson was i could of brought my bow, the shot was like 22 yards....
Old 03-27-2004, 10:20 AM

Default RE: coffee break

Way to go Huntnma,you've become a turkey killing machine!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations! Even your great great grandchildren will remember this morning.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang girl,I'm proud of ya.How much ya gonna charge to give turkey huntin lessons
Old 03-28-2004, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Girl ! you sure done Good ! Congrats...BT