Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hevi-shot Mossberg Choke

Old 03-26-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Hevi-shot Mossberg Choke

Hopefully this will be my last firearm question ever. I went out and bought the Mossberg 500 with the factory xx full turkey choke that says lead only. What exactly is hevi-shot (lead/steel/or what)? Does anyone know if it can be shot through this choke? I emailed customer service, but with their response time the season will be over before i find out.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:41 PM

Default RE: Hevi-shot Mossberg Choke

H228

Do not shoot HS thru that choke. HS is harder than steel and it will damage your choke and possibly you if you shoot it thru it. Briley makes a extended turkey HS choke for your gun for around $40. I use one on my beretta and it works awesome. Make sure you get a choke designed for HS, now this stuff patterns real tight so you want to shoot a few targets
before you go into the field. Once I saw how expensive Hevi was I started reloading it myself. I can reload a shell at .85 cents compared to $2 bucks per shell at the store. I have shot lead at turkeys for years but HS just plain plasters them.