Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Old 03-16-2004, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

I'm very disapointed this morning, as I recieved a PM about how I handled a person/Topic on this forum, due to the job I have here. I have never intended to threat or disreguard anyones posts here, and have ran a very clean board. I do not run across huntingnet from forum to forum pushing my power and mearly spend most of my time here. The job that I have is too watch the Web forum here and keep the site in line. If at any time a Topic or User gets out of line, I'm to send a warning to the person involed. Over the last few years I have never sent out one warning to anyone! and I tend to remind everyone now and then that there are Rules to follow. If I happen to see things starting to get out of hand I try to remind the Users of the forum, that their is a started problem.

I've however noticed that their is the odd User that tends to test the decisions here that I have made. I don't really need this, and am deciding as to what direction to take on this Job.

At times I do not have alot of time to spend here on the forum and Pat has did a great job looking after this place.

The respect thing can go in two ways, as a Moderator I respect everyone here and tend to try and show it the way I have ran this forum. With emails from people here , as too how I do the job I do , gives me the feeling of Lack of respect the users have towards me. I do not need these type of Emails and have decided to rethink of what I may do.

1/ I can Quit
2/ I can stay and carry on as I have.
3/ I can take this Job and start doing it the way its too be done right by Deleting posts and topic's,Giving warnings to users and being the ass most here think we mod's are and work by the RULES that are set.

I guess I got some thinking [&o]...BT
Old 03-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Adrian: I've been with this board for a couple of years now,and I think personaly that the job you have been doing as a moderator is first rate! Don't let somebody get under your skin for you doing the job that you do.As you know, there is, nor will there ever be, a way to make everybody happy. As for my opion again,please stay and continue on. Paintbrush
Old 03-16-2004, 05:47 AM

Adrian,
I frequent a lot of the other boards on this site, and can tell you from experience that this board is one of the calmer ones. You should have seen the off season board about a month ago, WOW. Talk about a war with the moderators. Bottom line is this, there is an a$$ in every crowd. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have gotten some emails from the few. I'm sure most feel the way I do, Stay here and continue on as you have. You make newcomers feel welcome and you bring a wealth of knowledge to the board. Truth be told, you have taught me as much about turkey hunting on this board as you have tough me in person, which i quite a lot i might add. So just delete those ignorant emails, or take appropriate action toward that individual, and lets keep the board as is. Take care my fiend and may your hunts be exciting this spring.

AH
Old 03-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

[quote]As you know, there is, nor will there ever be, a way to make everybody happy.

I think paintbrush hits the nail on the head. I am a newbie to the forum and think the site is run very well. Keep up the good work Adrian.

Mike
Old 03-16-2004, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

...Hey friend,ive been around longer than the board says,with well over 3000,post
and now im at 700,i find that very disapointing,but im still here,and i know one thing
you have did a great (JOB) as a moderator,although i never did get one of your strikers
but i have not seen alot or any trouble,in turkey hunting forum,but we cant make your
decision for you,but i say keep up the good work,your going to have a little trouble
every now and then,but just take it in stride and go on,being moderator in my book
i call you a ole timer,and you know your (JOB) and know it well, just dont take no
wooden nickles from know one....take care..and hang in there...#####3333333
Old 03-16-2004, 06:22 AM

STAY!! You do a great job and I always enjoy your comments.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:39 AM

99.9 % of us think your doing a great job. Dont let those occassional .1%'s drive you out. You're going to run into a few on occassion that will dispute whatever you do no matter how right you are.
I know I speak for most here when I say you have our respect.

Now, when the he%$ are you going to take me turkey hunting??!!?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian, what can I tell you that you already don't know buddy!!
Some of us have been here from the get go, yourself included, and have seen many changes over the last couple of years. Stick around, just think of it as background static!! After the ordeal that you've been through, this is a piece of cake!!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Stay! Keep up the good work and ignore the jerks
Old 03-16-2004, 08:13 AM

Adrian, I don't know you personally or know what conflicts you may be having, but this I can say; I have just started using this forum in the last few months and I have learned more here than any other medium of any kind anywhere! I have enjoyed reading the forum and have found the folks here very gracious. So in my mind you must be doing a good job. Thanks to you and all who have responded to my pleas for help in my quest for a turkey.

Quick Reply: Moderator ! is this the job for me ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.