Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tick Defense!!!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tick Defense!!!!!

Just wanted to remind you all about the idea I was given by a buddy if mine that I hunted turks with last year. When we were done Hunting he broke a lint tape roller and rolled the outside of his hunting clothes. I couldn't get over how well it worked...It is an inexpensive item and just sticks them little buggers right to it. Pull off that section of the tape and throw it in the fire. GONE. After I was done rolling my clothes I looked and couldn't find another one on them. I know more than one defense is great but you can keep it in your back pack or glove box that way no (hopefully) chance of carrying any home with You.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tick Defense!!!!!

Great tip Pat!!IF I might add another view to this tip by Pat is use this tip not only for your own well being in ridding your cloths of ticks but the rest of your family too.My wife does most of the wash duties and trust me when I say one of the worse things you can do is just come out of the woods get home and throw your camy's in the dirty cloths treated for ticks or not.Not only can these buggers end up on other cloths as a result but this is a great way to give your wife or family poison oak/ivy also!!Yes I learned the hardway!And I still hear about it regularly,as a result I'm a little more courteous!!