Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

STRUT..NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS...

Old 02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STRUT..NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS...

Hang in there buddy, can't wait to see you back on the board.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope a fast recovery for you my friend, my thoughts are with you...BT
Old 02-17-2004, 06:11 AM
New Sheriff

Strut ol boy, I see that political forum got you all worked up. Well, get better soon son. I said a prayer for ya if that helps...
Old 02-17-2004, 06:26 AM

Strut we are praying for you bud. I hope to here bout you in the woods this spring. Get well soon.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads up. Prayers are on the way for ol' Strut.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah good luck and hope you can hunt this spring!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys you just don't know what it means to me to have friends like you all out there, And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts and prayers. It still seems as a dream and hard for me to believe, but here is how things kind of happened. I'm 48 years years old and I thought in reasonably good shape, I got up last Wed. morning about 5:00 am, not feeling the best and just a small pain in the center of my chest, by about 5:45 I knew something was really wrong, still not much pain but a cold sweat and really neuseated {sp} I told my wife I needed to get to an emergency room cause something was wrong, we live about 25 miles from the nearest hospital and still not thinking I was in trouible I just told her to drive and not worry about calling an ambulance, We arrived in West Plains about 6:30, they took me straight in at the emergency room and got an IV in me and an EKG done, about 3 minutes later and a nurse came in wanting me to chew up about 3 aspirin and a swallow them, I tried to get to her to let me swallow them whole but she said no they would work quicker if I chew them, I knew then that the EKG had told them something. As I was attempting to chew the aspirins up i just went plum out, the next thing I knew I was being shocked, I don't remember the 1st one but I do the 2nd time around, man those things hurt, Anyway after being stablized I was air lifted to Springfield, Mo. I had one real bad blockage and a couple more that the Dr said could be taking care of by medicine, he did an angioplasty and a stint all in the same procedure and thought I would eventually be able to do most of things in my life that I need and love to do, more later.

But if any of you people out there have any doubts whatsoever about your health , don't put off going to get it checked out, here I had regular check-ups with 2 stress test and regular blood work in the last few years and I thought I was doing just great, Hummm. Just becareful out there and take care.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:04 PM

Our thoughts are with you from WA. St and the Arnott's, besides man there's a lot for you to do now that the Season is almost upon us. Hope to hear your in the woods soon!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:39 PM

Glad to hear your feeling better. You'll continue to be in my prayers.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure is good to hear from ya Strut.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.