Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Which push putton call?

Old 02-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which push putton call?

Which push button call do you guys recommend? I'm just getting into turkey hunting am looking for something easy that will work. I've seen Knight and Hale's and I think HS Strut might have one too. Are they any good? Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which push putton call?

I have one from M.A.D.D. called Simplicity. The only calls I use are that and Lynch's Fool Proof Box Call.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

The only type of push button I have is a lonesome hen by Knight and Hale. I have found it easy to operate and I think it sounds good. Some guys don't like it, but I have had birds respond well to it when I use it.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

The Lonesome Hen is a good call. It is made by Knight and Hale. I used to use one, then I lost mine in a move. I have switched to the slate type calls now and I think they sound better than any other type of call. But for a starter, the Lonesome Hen will do very well. Good Luck. BB
Old 02-10-2004, 03:36 PM

I called in three toms wirh a Primos Spring Hen last Spring. It would seem that there a few Push Pin calls out there that work well.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:09 PM

A Friend has that..Lonsome hen sounds like crap 2 me and turkeys here, I tried out a Lohman Sassy Hen Thats A Great One,
All In The Beholder/And/Turkey..lol
Old 02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed some nice gobblers over Knight-n-Hales lonesome hen and H.S.'s acrylic push button call!!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:41 AM

My favorite by far is the Quaker Boy Easy Yelper. If I am not mistaken it is the first comercially produced push button. I prefer mouth calls to push buttons but I have downed several birds with my Quaker Boy. The Quaker Boy has a spring that you can use to adjust the pitch of the call. Once you get used to the call try turning it around and pulling the plunger. You can then use your fingers to apply pressure and release it to make the yelp roll. I fell on mine a few years ago and broke it [:'(] . I'm going to get another one this year. Practice you cadance, if you don't have the correct cadance you won't sound like a turkey no matter how good the call sounds. Good luck.