Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Tips from Real Hunters

Old 02-07-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Turkey Tips from Real Hunters

Lets hear your best tip or secret on one
of the following topics:

Afternoon hunts---Bow hunting turkey---Calling---Clothing & Apparel---Cooking your bird---Fall Turkey Hunting---Grand Slams---Hunting the weather---Locating birds---Making the Shot---Pre-season scouting---Putting Toms to bed---Setting up for shot---Setting up decoys---Shotguns & Loads---Type of Calls

You can post them here or email them to [email protected] If you post them here be sure to include your full name, city, and state.

We are putting the final touches on our book “Guerilla Hunting with Brian T. Beck Volume I Talking Turkey” which we are trying to feature as many hunters from across the nation as we can.

These tips we collect will be featured throughout the report and will be listed something like “ This tip was sent in by Tom D. Turkey from Mayberry, Fla…”
We want to thank the ones who have submitted stories and photos but we could always use more. At the back of the report will be a chapter called:
“Real Stories From America’s Hunters” which will feature your photo’s and stories

Rob Carroll
Green Country Outdoors

P.S We can now officially use Green Country Outdoors because it has cleared the State Registration process. Yipee!
Old 02-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turkey Tips from Real Hunters

Joel Perry from Ottumwa, IA

When I put turkeys to bed I like to get out to the woods real early in the evening. I set up near food and/or water and near a likley roosting area and just wait. Turkeys love to get a last bite to eat before bed. You should eventually see them and either get a shot or see where they roost. Then you know where to go in the morning.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Craig Kerwood, Lakewood, WA

When you have a big tom coming in it's important to take a deep breath, settle down, and collect yourself. Then, be patient, take careful aim, and make a good clean shot. Anyone who doesn't believe "buck fever" doesn't affect turkey hunters is mistaken. Even the most seasoned turkey hunters can get worked up seeing a big tom coming in to his calling.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I know it's not much, but I would like to recommend the Black Magic friction call. I have a pretty good story too. If you would like me to tell it to you, please tell me. I don't want to waste time typing though if you don't want a story. I can get about a word in three minutes and this internet charges by the minute. Hope this helps. BB