Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Bowhunting

Old 01-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkey Bowhunting

If you have every taken a turkey with a bow, have you used a blind? If you haven't what were your results. Would you bowhunt turkeys without a blind?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 AM

Default RE: Turkey Bowhunting

Absolutely would and do hunt without a blind they are too expensive and too dang bulky plus its so much fun without i couldn't imagine them not being able to see you. And yes there have been plenty of times after getting busted at close quarters,i swore up and down that as soon as i got home i was going to break down and order up a blind but never have and hope i never do for me its all in getting in under there radar. If you try it let me know what you think of it.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:08 AM

Sorry missed parts of your question i went 1 for 6 last year if i had a blind that might have been different every turkey but one saw me draw.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad has bowhunted turkeys for 3 years now. I took my bow last year. We hunt out of a blind. I shot at 2 (missed em both at 52 yards!!!I was sighted in to 50 yards) the turkeys never knew where the shot came from. My dad drew back on at least four others, most of the time there was many turkeys around and they never noticed us drawing back. It isn't a must but it's better than only getting a shot at 1 out of 6.