Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone use the smokepole on turkey?

Old 01-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone use the smokepole on turkey?

If so, what's your set up, or any advice? Thanks.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:29 PM

Default RE: Anyone use the smokepole on turkey?

Hey Badshotbob.

I would really like to give it a try this year but I need a Gun first. I am looking for a Cap lock shotgun that has screw in choke tubes, or at least comes factory with a Full choke barrel. Dose any one out there make such a gun?
Old 01-21-2004, 05:40 PM

Have been looking to use an old side by side I have I know it's shootable because the guy I traded it from was shooting it.I just haven't had the time to work up a load for it and pattern it ,maybe this year.Sure does look like fun
Old 01-21-2004, 06:46 PM

I shoot a Knight TK2000, and highly recomend it to anybody considering a front stuffer for turks. They come with a screw in full choke, yet the choke dosent have to be removed to load it...[ most you have to remove the choke first ]. With the shot cups you can order from Knight you can shoot up to 2 1/4 oz of lead shot, and they throw a real nice pattern. Hunted with the lead shot for a few years... Then after reading up on HeviShot I thought Hummmmmm. just maybe...Got a box of Remington Hevishot 3 1/2" #6's and gutted them out for a test drive ... [ didn't want to shell out the mucho $$$ for bulk Hevishot and have the TK2000 not shoot it real well !!! ]
Now my pet load for the TK2000 is 100 grains of FF, then a TK 3" shot cup, then 2 5/8 oz of #6 Hevishot [ remember HeviShot is heavier then lead ] then 2 styrofoam shot cards on top to keep it all togeather.
After shooting the TK2000 and knowing how it handle's the HeviShot... It's definately not your average smoke pole "Scatter gun"... THIS FRONT STUFFER WILL FLAT OUT " SMOKE " A TURKEY !!!

In a word...WICKED !!!