Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Actual turkey sounds....

Old 01-21-2004, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Actual turkey sounds....

Lot of folk new to the sport here,so I thought this might help in helping one recognize individual vocabulary of the wild turkey.Ran across this over on ESPN's site and thought this was a great opportunity to listen and learn....here ya go..P.S. wait till its done loading,turn up your volume,and just hit play..
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/general/...ld_player.html
Old 01-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Actual turkey sounds....

I was listening to the cluck and putt. What is the difference? I noticed it says the putt is much more staccato. What does that mean?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Actual turkey sounds....

Titleist,staccato means "not connected together'such as a short single note!The major difference between these two calls is intensity determined by the situation!The putt is normally associated with danger,and at times intense aggression such as in a fight!Its a single note that can be produced in succession and usually indicates that the bird is aware that something is not quite right either seeing something out of the ordinary or movement by danger itself!Its also normally made intensely louder than the cluck and can be associated with an aggrevated purr.The cluck on the otherhand is softer in intensity and is a reassuring type call relaying a message to other birds that "I'm right here and at times is asking where are you?Its a contentment type call that everything is ok.Flocked up birds will cluck and purr alot at one another as they feed through the woods just reassuring one another that everything is alright and i'm over here!Good call to use when you know that gobblers close and needs just a little coaxing into gunrange!Hope it helps Bob...