Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Blodgett, Cody, or Woodhaven?

Old 01-09-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Blodgett, Cody, or Woodhaven?

I am looking to buy a new slate call for the upcoming turkey season. I have pretty much narrowed it down between the Blodgett Double trouble, The Woodhaven Slate, or the Cody Woodsman in slate. Which one would you recommend?
Old 01-09-2004, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Blodgett, Cody, or Woodhaven?

All are very good quality calls. Between those I would just go with the cheapest cost. I have a cody woodsman and it works great.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:43 PM

Of the three calls you mentioned, I would go with the Woodhaven slate.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:55 PM

Blodgett, Blodgett, Blodgett!!

My favorite of all the custom calls I own, and I have a bunch! Matter of fact, I just ordered another call from Harry today [8D].

If I was you I'd go with the Blodgett Tough Country slate rather than the Double Trouble. Having two surfaces is nice, but the Tough Country (and other Blodgett friction calls) have awesome turkey artwork on the back of the pot.

That being said, I've been eyeing the Woodhaven's for two years now. And I'd stay away from Cody, they've become a little too commercial.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Tyler
Old 01-10-2004, 05:30 PM

All of the calls you have mentioned are great, but I personally prefer the Cody. Everyone knows me as a big Cody fan on this board. I even like their mouth calls. I guess i'm partial because I grew up about 3 miles away from where Cody calls are made. But they are a top notch product and you wo't go wrong with the Woodsman.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:11 AM

I looked but couldnt try the WoodHaven this weekend in Bass Pro. It was slate with a cherry pot. Really pretty call but $70. Couldnt convince myself to spend that much on a off the shelf call. I mostly use a Cody now and like it alot but you know you can never have enough calls.
Those who have the WoodHaven how does it sound?
Old 01-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Cody slate, but right next to it in my vest is a Ole' Yeller by Knight and Hale. I never hesitate to use the "cheaper" of the two. IMO the "custom" call subject is overrated. For $60 to $70 bucks I can get my two tags and have left over cash for some cold ones after the hunts. I do like my Cody but I also feel I was pulled by the hype. I have a hard time believing a Turkey knows the difference betwwen a $50 dollar call and a $15 dollar call. Neither one will work if not used properly. In a nut shell I spent the money once... I'll never do it again.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:30 PM

Well due to some advice and trying out some friends calls I now have it narrowed down between the Blodgett Tough Country and the Woodhaven Slate. I guess I will just have to decide by price unless someone can fill me in with more info on these 2 calls.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:40 PM

I would have to agree wit PABeardBuster. Blodgett Calls are the best I have ever used!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 PM

I like my Blodgett, but I love my Osage Orange by Steve Harrison @ harrison game calls!

Quick Reply: Blodgett, Cody, or Woodhaven?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.