Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is the best call

Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 PM

Default What is the best call

What are your guys most favorite turkey calls i prefer a mouth call because you dont have to move your hands and they are so easy to use once you get the hang of but if i had to pick another call i would say Primos Titan 2000 Titanium friction call with a carbon striker.

thanks
Old 12-03-2003, 08:25 PM

Default RE: What is the best call

The "best call" is the call that you can use well and that you have confidence in while in the turkey woods, regardless of make or style.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:31 PM

Over the years once you get used to using mouthcalls, slates etc your vests get heavier and they all become your favorite calls
Old 12-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best call is the one that fooled that ole gobbler on that particular day!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't believe the mouth call is the best, friction calls kill alot of birds,over calling kills alot of hunts Drop the call and get the gun up, before the bird see's ya...BT
Old 12-07-2003, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

BT...
Old 12-12-2003, 08:39 AM

I totally agree that you can overcall and kill the hunt. That is a good way to put it. As far as my favorite call, I like a diaphram. I also have really good luck with a slate. I am not used to using the box call as much. If an area has alot of hunting pressure, it is very easy to overcall. On a lease or something secluded, you can usually afford to call a little more.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I'm very fond of box calls. I don't use one as much in the field as mouth calls or even friction calls, but I love collecting and playing with them. I'm gonna try to take one this next spring with nothing but a box call.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friction calls such as the slate, glass or composite surfaced calls are some of my personal favorites as well as the beloved mouth calls. Either ones would work fine for me!!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:57 PM

There Is No "Best Call"
The best call would call in all toms/jakes and into range
My Favorite is a new one,a Older Lohman Box Call Dkyoung sent me and its my new fav to by sound and my bud has one and called in many toms,
as Best Call I wouldnt want one cause then many toms would show up I like the feeling of getting Peed off at thos toms And I love the Feeling you get when they gobble Heck i was looking at Custom Turkey calls ,lol, and one had a gobble sound on his website and Iduno but it felt good to here that gobble on that website even,lmao, but April Turkey season starts and in March ill be calling to them Ol' Boys With My Fav Call
and hopfully here thos gobbles Noting like that sound

Quick Reply: What is the best call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.