Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New To Turkey Hunting

Old 12-03-2003, 10:48 AM

Default New To Turkey Hunting

Being new to Turkey hunting, I'd appreciate anyone's advice on an authoritative source for Turkey Hunting. I've picked up quite a bit from the site already, but I'm really looking to be as knowledgable as possible

Thanks

Matt
Old 12-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New To Turkey Hunting

Welcome Matt, I'm not real sure as to what info you need but the has been a lot that was covered in the other pages of the forum. click on the numbers down on the lower right side. Any other questions just fire away ! these guys realy know there stuff , I've learned a Ton ...BT
Old 12-03-2003, 01:48 PM

Welcome to the roost Matt
Old 12-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the flock here Matt!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:17 AM

I really appreciate the Welcome Wagon! This may be even more fun than I thought!!

To clarify a bit, AJH, I don't know my a@# from my elbow about Turkey hunting outside of wear full camo and use a 10 or 12 gauge. My hunting has pretty much been rabbit, pheasant, and deer.

I live in South Jersey and huntable land is getting pretty scarce (I won't post my REAL opinion on all the devlopment), but I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with some land in upstate PA, and he's invited me up there for Spring Gobbler season.

Obviously, I'm already chomping at the bit.

Thanks again for the posts

Take care

Matt
Old 12-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the flock Matt.One thing about we turkey hunters,No matter how long one has been at it there is always somethin new to learn.This is as good a place as any to learn.Like it was said before,these guys know their stuff.As for huntin Pa. we ain't got no turkeys
Old 12-04-2003, 04:45 PM

Matt, you've found the authoritative source for turkey hunting right here! It will only get better on here after the first of the year or so when everyone's mind turns to spring turkey hunting. The questions really start coming in then and the answers follow quickly. Just ask away and you'll learn from some of the best. Welcome to the board!
Old 12-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jimbo,no turkeys in Penn....well my friend I believe theres a bigole bosstom comin your way from up north!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the board Matt! Let me give you a few good resources for learning turkey hunting.....You still have time so any that you need to purchase, you can spread out the expense so it won't hurt you in the wallet too bad....The first is a couple of books: "Spring Gobbler Fever" by Michael Hanback and "Practical Turkey Hunting Strategies" by Ray Eye. Both good books. The next is a series of videos....They are the "Truth Series" videos by Primos. Will Primos and his crew hunt turkeys with fair chase. Any of the 15 or more videos in this series are pretty good. Learn some calling techniques by watching these videos. The next one is very important.....Get tapped into a local chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation! By doing this, you'll meet other turkey hunters and I'm sure some of them will be more than happy to give you some pointers! Maybe help you get on some birds too. And finally...and this one I confess is a shameless plug.....but check out my local chapter's website for great tips, techniques, articles, and general information on turkey hunting. I think you'll find it to be a valuable resource...you can check it out at: http://lakewashnwtf.tripod.com
Old 12-04-2003, 09:18 PM

Jal get the pot of coffee ready ole bosstom's beard will be frozen from all the snow we got up here

Quick Reply: New To Turkey Hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.