Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Finally got one today

Old 05-29-2024, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Finally got one today

I finally was able to get a nice tom today. It’s been a real hard season here this year with almost no gobbling at all. But, I was fortunate enough today to get off a decent shot on one. 20.4 pounds with a 9 inch beard and a right spur of 1 1/8 inches and a left spur of 1 1/4 inches. That’s an awesome bird here and our season comes to a close on Saturday.. I really didn’t think it was going to happen this year..
Old 05-30-2024, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, and way to hang in there. We've had the same kind of season. Fierce competition from the hens.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you got the most you could out of the season! Sounds like a good bird.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Wingbone
Congratulations, and way to hang in there. We've had the same kind of season. Fierce competition from the hens.
Thank you Wingbone, and yes it has been a real hard season this year. I went out this morning and saw one but he wouldn’t play either. I managed to get a gobble out of him and that was it.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Sounds like you got the most you could out of the season! Sounds like a good bird.
Thank you Jake, I have been hitting them hard and either no gobbles or they head the other way gobbling up a storm. Mostly though no gobbling at all. I am one of the lucky ones so far to get one here. But, they call it hunting for a reason..
Old 05-30-2024, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a fine bird ! I' m jealous to say the least. Moved to New Brunswick 3 years ago and have yet to get drawn for a tag so can't ever get out to hunt ! I might have to head out to Vermont and New Hampshire next year . Again well done on nice one !
Old 05-31-2024, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you tmbrhuntr I know here in this area it started with getting drawn and with half day hunts. Then eventually they started the hunts without the draws and permit purchases. Then full days and 2 bearded birds and 1 fall bird of your choice. It would suck having the drawing for a turkey again as I enjoy getting after them. I don’t hunt them in the fall though..
Old 05-31-2024, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats phil, was a rough season overall.
Old 05-31-2024, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
congrats phil, was a rough season overall.
Thank you Ridge Runner
Old 06-01-2024, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Thank you Jake, I have been hitting them hard and either no gobbles or they head the other way gobbling up a storm. Mostly though no gobbling at all. I am one of the lucky ones so far to get one here. But, they call it hunting for a reason..
That's the truth!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.