Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey hunting plans for 2024

Old 04-03-2024, 09:57 AM
car
Typical Buck

Default Turkey hunting plans for 2024

What's everyone plans for this year? I'm going to WV for opening week for a quick 4-day hunt. Then head back to Ohio for the start of their season. If I still have a tag for WV, I'll head back down to try to fill it. I close friend of mine, we had planned on turkey hunt in KY this year. Both of us had different places lined up to hunt and we ended up not being able to hunt the properties. We've been searching for some private ground, but no luck on that with it being this late in the year! Maybe next year. Good luck to all this year! Shoot straight and be careful!!
Old 04-04-2024, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wisconsin has 6 seasons, each a week long. I'm carrying a gun the first and 4th season, and calling for others the 2nd and 5th. Gonna be a busy spring.
Old 04-04-2024, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

I don't even know if I'll go this year.

Really not feeling it right now.

Had two gobblers strutting in the back field two nights ago though
Old 04-04-2024, 05:00 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I don't even know if I'll go this year.

Really not feeling it right now.

Had two gobblers strutting in the back field two nights ago though
You still have a few weeks to think about it, maybe you'll feel like it later on!
Old 04-04-2024, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven’t seen any birds to speak of. I did see a couple on some private land and that’s been it. But, I will most likely hunt the same areas I have been for the last couple of years. They birds have been scarce last year and hopefully they will be coming around after this storm goes threw. Our season doesn’t start until April 29th anyway..
Old 04-06-2024, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find live turkeys, make them dead. Thats about it!
Old 04-08-2024, 06:11 PM
neb
Typical Buck

It opens at week end here. I will go but will wait till the following week, I think.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:15 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Il hunt Michigan opener eith my Taurus Judge. Boy is that nice to run and gun.
Then hunt the last 3 weeks of Wisconsin
I've got 5 tags in my pocket!

JW
Old 04-24-2024, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Planning to hunt on my own property in west central PA, as usual. Bird numbers have been steadily declining over the past couple of years. I didn't even bother with buying a second tag this year. I do have some trail camera footage of a couple of birds in one of last fall's foodplots.

Thought I might try some different ammo this year. I have been using Winchester Long Beard XR in 12 GA 3-1/2" with 2 oz of #5 shot for a few years now. I recently bought a couple of boxes of Federal 3RD Degree in 12 GA 3-1/2" which includes 2 oz of #5 (40%) & #6 (20%) shot lead plus #7 (40%) shot TSS. Seems to pattern okay in my Tri-Star Hunter Mag O/U with 26" barrels and a pair of Carlson's .665" ported choke tubes.

Here's a target that was shot off-hand at about 35 yards.

Attached Thumbnails Turkey hunting plans for 2024-img_8423.jpg   Turkey hunting plans for 2024-screenshot-2024-04-24-113107.jpg  
Old 04-29-2024, 02:49 AM
car
Typical Buck

I'm done turkey hunting for 2024! My Ohio season was short lived, shot a 2 year old tom on the first day! I feel very fortunate to have filled this tag! Here in Ohio, I hunt with a friend of mine, he recently lost one of the two properties that he has to hunt. With only one place to hunt, we felt that it might be a tough year in the turkey woods. My friend filled his tag right of the bat. By 7:00 am he was done! We didn't hear or see anything until around 10:00 when a tom responded to us calling. As of today, we haven't had a mature tom on camera since the first day of season! I'm sure there's more around, just haven't seen any. Good luck to the ones that are out in the turkey woods!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.