Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey hunting plans for 2024

Old 04-29-2024, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by car
I'm done turkey hunting for 2024! My Ohio season was short lived, shot a 2 year old tom on the first day! I feel very fortunate to have filled this tag! Here in Ohio, I hunt with a friend of mine, he recently lost one of the two properties that he has to hunt. With only one place to hunt, we felt that it might be a tough year in the turkey woods. My friend filled his tag right of the bat. By 7:00 am he was done! We didn't hear or see anything until around 10:00 when a tom responded to us calling. As of today, we haven't had a mature tom on camera since the first day of season! I'm sure there's more around, just haven't seen any. Good luck to the ones that are out in the turkey woods!
Congratulations!

Our season doesn't start here in PA until Saturday, May 4th. When I walked outside this morning there was a tom strutting on my powerline. I got a bunch of photos and videos of him. At first I wasn't sure why he was there for so long but I eventually saw a hen in the woods. I have a trial camera there as well and it only took one photo of him but it was a good one. I also posted a short video on youtube.

Attached Thumbnails Turkey hunting plans for 2024-100_0010.jpg  
Old 04-29-2024, 03:15 PM
car
Typical Buck

Cool video
Old 04-29-2024, 06:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by blksn8k
Congratulations!

Our season doesn't start here in PA until Saturday, May 4th. When I walked outside this morning there was a tom strutting on my powerline. I got a bunch of photos and videos of him. At first I wasn't sure why he was there for so long but I eventually saw a hen in the woods. I have a trial camera there as well and it only took one photo of him but it was a good one.
What part of Pa are you from?