Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone tried Turkey hunting like this?

Old 05-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Spike

Default Anyone tried Turkey hunting like this?

Found a couple videos of people hunting turkeys with pistols. Has anyone tried? Is it legal in most areas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELie_xrG7Q
Old 05-25-2015, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not legal in my state in the spring season, not is spot and stalk legal in the spring season.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not legal here in Iowa
Old 05-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Not legal in IN. either
Old 05-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's turkey hunting?
RR
Old 05-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

What state was that?
Old 05-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just when you think you've seen about every dumb video that could ever be made, along comes one like this that is about as stupid as anything I've ever seen that the maker is calling hunting and that's probably also illegal in almost every state! Here in MI you can't use a handgun or rifle to turkey hunt and that handgun he had open in the vehicle while he was driving would have been a felony up here if he didn't have a CCW permit to carry it like that outside of a locked container that was not easily accessible.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-27-2015 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

So the guy decided to take his handgun and hunt a turkey ! He apparently did nothing illegal or unsafe except maybe running with the gun at the end but with the number of shots he took it was probably empty and he actually killed a turkey ! Good for him !
Old 05-28-2015, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you need that many shots to kill a turkey with a handgun, you probably should not be using a handgun to hunt turkey. It surely was nothing to be proud of and post on a website for the world to see! It was stupid and it was just dumb luck a wounded bird did not escape. It would have been nice if he had said which state he was in, just saying it was legal leave questions, especially after seing that "goat rope".
Old 05-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
So the guy decided to take his handgun and hunt a turkey ! He apparently did nothing illegal or unsafe except maybe running with the gun at the end but with the number of shots he took it was probably empty and he actually killed a turkey ! Good for him !
You have no idea if he was legal or not using that handgun and carrying it open in the vehicle like he was just because it was posted on Youtube and then copied onto this site! If you call shooting at a running bird with a handgun in heavy brush and then at the crazy distance like he was plinking away at it as it ran straight away safe or ethical, your comments don't say much for your practices or ethics and how a turkey is normally hunted for the sport of it! It's no wonder I had you on Ignore for a length of time and with that post of your's you'll go right back on it! That was the dumbest video I've probably ever seen and for anyone to defend it and call it hunting leaves me shaking my head as to all the people out there with guns that call themselves hunters!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-28-2015 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Spelling