Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Get Your Own Woods!

Old 04-28-2015, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Get Your Own Woods!

Well my season has sucked so far. Opening morning went to my PRIVATE hunting spot to find a nice white single cab f-150 sitting there. Boy did I want to beat the hell out of the guys truck.. But instead I got the license plate number and returned home to get ready to head into work. Went that evening and sat the woods for about 4 hours. Had about 7 turkeys about 300 yards south of me 3 of which being either toms or jakes. They began to make their way towards me before they tucked into the woods and headed west. Once I got back home I noticed the same white pickup parked down the road on another Private woods I hunt so I ventured down there and sat by his truck till dark. The guy never came out surprisingly. So after about 15 minutes of being pitch black out I decided this nice gentleman wasn't going to come back to his truck with me sitting there. So I returned home. And if it wasn't 10 minutes later I see him kick on his headlights and start to leave. To his surprise I was waiting for him at the end of my driveway (still camo'd) just standing there wanting to chat. And as he slowly crept down the road and was about 100 yds from me he stopped, pulled a U-turn in the road and went back the other way. Needless to say I haven't seen him return. I've only hit the woods a couple times since then but with no luck. The birds have gotten a little weary I believe. Hopefully the guy hasn't ran them off. I will be returning to the woods tonight hoping for a little better luck this go around! I HATE TRESPASSERS!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Third time would be the charm, valve stem remover. If he wants to drive to private farms and hunt then he would be walking out of that same farm.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

A valve stem remover would work great.. Just loosen it up enough to allow the air to come out.. But, try and do 2 tires so that 1 spare will not help him very good..
Old 04-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I would have really liked to left a note in his paint with my knife... but I decided against that after some thought..
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoor Addiction
I would have really liked to left a note in his paint with my knife... but I decided against that after some thought..
Probably best idea, then he could get you for vandelism. Buttttt if he had 2 tires go down then I guess he ran over 2 sharp rocks!! Been where you are and back in my younger days I would have gotten mid-evil on his ars. Nothing worse than a low life scum tresspasser.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
A valve stem remover would work great.. Just loosen it up enough to allow the air to come out.. But, try and do 2 tires so that 1 spare will not help him very good..
Do all 4, as the guy is obviously a jerk and knows he's violating the law!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Do all 4, as the guy is obviously a jerk and knows he's violating the law!
True but you will need to be careful as you would not want this guy come out shooting at you either..
Old 04-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Spike

I would just call the local game warden they'll give him a fine and if he comes back they'll revoke his hunting licence, also is there "No Trespassing" signs? i know you should assume every property is private, signs or no signs but i think that "No Trespassing" signs deter people from trespassing
Old 04-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Yes I put them up last summer for similar reasons... I put them on all my private ground..
Old 04-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a Game warden or Deputy Sheriff issue. If he gets arrested, his vehicle towed and guns confiscated as possible evidence, he's not gonna want to come back.