Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Elk for Turkeys!

Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Spike

Default Elk for Turkeys!

I have a swap hunt offer that is available this coming fall (2013) in Colorado. If you are a nonres that can't seem to draw a Colo elk tag and want to hunt elk this coming year...here's your chance!

I drew a muley tag in a central Colo unit and am searching for a partner that can buy an over the counter elk tag and tag along with me. The bull elk ought to be bugling like crazy, aspens turning, and it's one of the prettiest spots in Colorado. I will likely backpack into some remote high alpine canyons for a couple days at a time. This will be an opportunity to learn how to hunt elk on your own in remote high alpine country in Colorado. This is a physically challenging hunt...so be prepared!

I've seen whopper muledeer (190+) in this same area so the elk hunt would prepare you for an archery muley hunt (which is an easy draw). The elk generally get in my way when I'm stalking muley bucks!
I would like to find a spot for turkeys and/or possibly whitetails in the midwest (KS, NE, Iowa, etc). Please let me know if you are interested. I've had several guys express interest and this offer probably won't last. [email protected]