Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2nd Osceola down. Tagged out in Florida

Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2nd Osceola down. Tagged out in Florida

I had a good Season in Florida. Usually I suffer thru and learn from a lot of my mistakes. This year it paid off. I was able to call birds into range, with a pot call and striker I made + a HOOKS Executioner mouth call. ( I guess I sound a little better than I thought)
It was a great hunt, I had multiple birds around me and some very vocal hens. When the gobblers finally came running in there were 4 shooters in the bunch. I shot the strutter at about 30 yards.

Now I have to wait for another 11 months to do it again. Gonna see if my buddy will let me turn a couple of strikers to get thru the withdraws.

Good luck to everyone else still hunting and please be safe.
John

Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Great job John!
Nothing like gettin em in close!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Great job bornagain congrats on your second bird. It's always very rewarding when you struggle one year, learn from past mistakes and tag our the next year. Again congrats
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twice the fun this year,good job my man,nice birds and I'm sure it sounds like you had a great time.