Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Best Owl Call

Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jalvja
Try your natural voice,It's not that hard and will beat any commercial call
Yep. WHOO-WHOO....WHOOO COOKS FOR YOUUUUU....start deep down in your belly, cup your hands around your mouth, and yell it out. If an owl answers back, you have the hang of it.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

palmers hoot tube
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default waste of money

first of all, a turkey will gobble at most any sound most any time, horns, duck calls, squeaky gates, farts, you name it. in mostly western kansas i have found for the most part, owl calls are a joke, they barely work. i think causes of the habitat, like draws, and large trees, there are owls absolutely every where and in fairly large numbers. i use a crow call, cheap and do a wonderful job, maybe cause there are few crows, don't give turkeys too much credit for being smart, just make a noise

cheers
Old 02-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Spike

I have the synthetic HootnStik. It sounds very good. I have had great luck using an owl call throughout the day We have so many crows and I think that's why a crow call is rarely effective on our lease. I will crow call with my mouth on occasion but I leave the crow call at home. I have had luck with a Quaker Boy Hawk Screamer.
One day we was hunting and an ambulance went by with their siren on and a gobbler went nuts gobbling at the siren. They also like the air brakes on 18 wheelers.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Bought the the Harrison Hoot N' Stick at the convention. Awesome call.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

try with your mouth sounds better than any owl hooter out there.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being new to turkey hunting I thought last year in the middle of turkey season at daybreak it sounded like an owl convention,funnest thing I'd ever heard.So this year I bought a crow call,at least I'll be different.LOL