Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Beginner Friction call

Old 01-31-2002, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Beginner Friction call

The multible surface friction calls can be a good choice , I would stick with the three way ones as I find the surfaces seem to get to small and the sound seems to disapear. QuakerBoy has a the New "Triple Threat (Sindwinder)" out this spring and it seems to be a good call. This call you can get volume out of it easly and it has a Glass ,Slate and Aluminum surfaces for different sound. When you have a call in this type the striker is a important pc of equipment aswell. Different striker types will give you a different sound on the same surface area so owning a few different ones is a good choice also. Keep in mind the carbon striker works well wet and for volume too. A soft wood striker on Aluminum will make one of the best plain yelps there is.I hope this will help you in your choice...BT
Old 01-31-2002, 04:28 AM

I was going to order the MAD 4x4 for versatility reasons...glad I held off. I'm looking at the HS Strut AlumiWitch now which comes with 2 strikers. This should be enough to get me started. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:18 AM

Goldie76, You don't have to keep the rubber bands on the call all I use them for is to gobble with that box call. When the time is right to gobble. When it rains you can put in a bread wraper to keep it dry and stills plays. I use a diaphame call or a mouth yelper when it raining.

Old 02-01-2002, 06:52 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered some calls and some instructional videos to get me started. I'll let you know how things go.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:37 AM

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Remember that no matter what call you use, practicing with it is the key.

Safe and Happy Hunting!
My Hunting Page