Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is your recipe for turkey breast?

Old 06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is your recipe for turkey breast?

I am going to be the camp chef this coming weekend at a group function and one of my roadies is going to be bringing me several turkey breast for me to cook up. I will be frying about 40-50lbs of catfish and white bass over the course of 2-3 days and was wanting to know how everyone cooks their turkey titties? I will be cooking rather primative, no electric. Gas grill and fryer, peanut oil of course. Let me know.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Spike

Default turkey cutlets

Try this and you will never roast a turkey again.

partially defrost your turkey breast, about half frozen. cut 1/4 inch
slices across the grain. after the slices are defrosted, take a meat
tenderizer and lightly pound them thin. I usually put them between
pieces of saran wrap. make sure to remove all white skin, membrane etc. whip up some eggs, mix italian bread crumbs, or
seasoned bread crumbs, grated cheese your choice romano or
parmagan and whatever spices or herbes you like. I use garlic
powder and onion powder, salt and pepper. coat the breast in the
bread crumb mix lightly, dip in the beaten eggs and again lightly in the breadcrumb mix. fry in olive oil till golden brown, a couple of
minutes on each side.
Warning, don't let your friends gather while you are frying the cutlets, you will have to fight them off. the breast will slice
easier and more evenly if partially defrosted. Good eating. Dan
Old 06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

I cut up my turkey breasts into cubes and then I dip them in Drakes batter and deep fry.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jakemd
Try this and you will never roast a turkey again.

partially defrost your turkey breast, about half frozen. cut 1/4 inch
slices across the grain. after the slices are defrosted, take a meat
tenderizer and lightly pound them thin. I usually put them between
pieces of saran wrap. make sure to remove all white skin, membrane etc. whip up some eggs, mix italian bread crumbs, or
seasoned bread crumbs, grated cheese your choice romano or
parmagan and whatever spices or herbes you like. I use garlic
powder and onion powder, salt and pepper. coat the breast in the
bread crumb mix lightly, dip in the beaten eggs and again lightly in the breadcrumb mix. fry in olive oil till golden brown, a couple of
minutes on each side.
Warning, don't let your friends gather while you are frying the cutlets, you will have to fight them off. the breast will slice
easier and more evenly if partially defrosted. Good eating. Dan
Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
I cut up my turkey breasts into cubes and then I dip them in Drakes batter and deep fry.
I think that I am going to try both of these. I am going to be using Cajun Andies batter and may try this in place of Drakes. We shall see!!! Thanks for both. Keep them coming for he stated that he may be bring about 4 total breasts.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Turkey kabobs or satays are good if you want to cook on the grill.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite way to eat it is fried...slices of breast meat with Cracker Girl Original Seasoning mixed with cornbread mix. Put it in the pan. Boy, is it ever good!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I usually make "turkey nuggets" as the other posts say, but I usually use worcestershire on them with salt and pepper and a little cajun and mesquite seasoning. Then I flour them and fry in olive oil in an iron chicken fryer.

I will have to try jakemd's recipe though. Sounds good.

Also, when I clean my turkeys right after harvest, I go ahead and cut the breasts up into inch or so strips across the meat grain. I then take the strips and stuff them into about six quart-sized freezer bags (per one turkey) making sure I get all different parts and textures of the breast meat into each bag. This way, I can just pull out one bag and defrost and fry the perfect amount to serve a family of four and I can enjoy eating turkey nuggets more often throughout the year with no waste.